Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to touch up the " gray " portion on one of the fairings. Looking at color rite website it doesn't exist. Has anyone matched the color scheme for this or knows what base to affiliate?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you mean matte gray like the 2016 R3s or matte silver like the Blue R3s?

The matte gray literally just started hitting floors the last few weeks, so there probably is not an accurate color match up yet. I am guessing there will be available soon, though, as the "main" color of the bike is available for color matching. This leads into the next quandary...

If you are looking for the matte silver on the blue R3s then you might be out of luck. They color match the blue, red and raven, but I don't think there is info available on the silver or white.

Some people have painted parts silver and white and gotten good matches, maybe they can chime in on the paint they used.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean matte gray like the 2016 R3s or matte silver like the Blue R3s?

The matte gray literally just started hitting floors the last few weeks, so there probably is not an accurate color match up yet. I am guessing there will be available soon, though, as the "main" color of the bike is available for color matching. This leads into the next quandary...

If you are looking for the matte silver on the blue R3s then you might be out of luck. They color match the blue, red and raven, but I don't think there is info available on the silver or white.

Some people have painted parts silver and white and gotten good matches, maybe they can chime in on the paint they used.
Definitely talking about the silver , for those of you who have had success in matching that color , would like to hear your input.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I was looking for the factory color codes about a year ago with no luck at the time - post up if you find out something. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts