Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Has anybody bought one from that seller/from China?

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/ABS-Windshie...3-2015-/361392024559?var=&hash=item5424a4abef

I'm wondering how the iridium one would look on the R3 Blue. I first wanted to get a black one, but the iridium caught my sight.
I guess you can install a new windshield with existing screws, bolts and tools?
Here's my thread on windscreen install. Very easy!

http://www.r3-forums.com/forum/385-...alled-powerbronze-dark-tint-screen-today.html

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anybody bought one from that seller/from China?

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/ABS-Windshie...3-2015-/361392024559?var=&hash=item5424a4abef

I'm wondering how the iridium one would look on the R3 Blue. I first wanted to get a black one, but the iridium caught my sight.
I guess you can install a new windshield with existing screws, bolts and tools?
i bought that same color for my blue r3. it should be here in about a week. tracker says its here in LA (where i live) in ISC International Service Center so idk how long exactly but ill let you know when i get it installed! Show you some pictures.:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
so i got it today and the package was bad haha it was just wrapped around in thin foam and a clear sheet and taped up but it wasn't damaged thank god. When i unwrapped it i thought it was beautiful :'D i will probably put it on friday and take a picture of it on the bike. And yes my shower curtain is ANGRY BIRDS lol

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just ordered the chrome screen and some chrome spiked bolts as well.. Pretty stoked to see what the combo looks like mounted!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Darn, it looks so cool but I end up tucking behind and looking through the shield pretty often. I'll try out the lighter colored one but if I can't see through it it still looks cool.
This is just a thought, but why don't you try buying the one on eBay that some guy on another thread used for his face shield. Just in case you can't see through the one you buy you can put it on the original windshield.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I need some help. My shield came in today, tried to install it like in the guide showed. I think I messed up something, because the part underneath the windshield isn't in the right position anymore. I couldn't get it to move back in the original position.. It's weird.

Can anyone help me?

Edit: I think it's supposed to look like that. The plastic thingy is attached to the front nose part with the windshield and there is no way to change that. I believe I'm just seeing things :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
It does look like that piece is out of place a bit. It might have slotted holes instead of fixed round holes, so it can move around a bit.

I'd try loosening the lower screen screws and see if you can re-position it. You might have to take those screws out all the way before you can re-position the piece.

See this photo, where that piece is flush with the marker light. Notice the photos up in this thread of the Iridium screen installed where that piece is also flush fitting.

cx1.jpg

·
Registered
406 Posts
That happened to mine,take the screen off lift up that black plastic a bit so you can see under it and you'll see the tabs that hold it down,it either pushes forward or back to clip it down(can't remember which way but when you see it you'll know)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts