·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OUCH! Slow down little dude! :laugh:

·
Registered
304 Posts
looks like he was trying to do a slide and swing the rear tire out (like we used to do on our BMX bikes as kids) but was unaware of how that loads the rear shock, and can spring back causing a high side whoops???

·
Registered
542 Posts
His video description said he hit the brake too hard when coming to the end of the dead end and lost the rear.

My guess is that he's a rookie afraid of the front brake, locked the rear and didn't know what to do. It doesn't even look like the front forks loaded, but it is hard to tell with the shitty quality.

Edit. Just skimmed through a few of his other videos and he is definitely a rookie. Vlog 18 "practicing that tilt" is a solid one just a month or two before that crash vid.

·
Registered
33 Posts
85mph on a residential street, followed by a silly accident would get you a criminal record in Australia.
I wonder if this guy tried to claim on his insurance for the "accident" ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
85mph on a residential street, followed by a silly accident would get you a criminal record in Australia.
I wonder if this guy tried to claim on his insurance for the "accident" ?
Really? I just assumed you Aussies were even more libertarian than America (having lived in arizona,Texas and Southern California, I figured societies with desert climates and wide open roads were simpatico).

That being said, every person I know who has visited Australia has said they would move there.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He should just upgrade to a literbike. I say he's ready to make the jump! :laugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Really? I just assumed you Aussies were even more libertarian than America (having lived in arizona,Texas and Southern California, I figured societies with desert climates and wide open roads were simpatico).

That being said, every person I know who has visited Australia has said they would move there.
Road laws in Australia are all about collecting money for the Australian state governments. Nothing to do with safety.
The Queensland police love a good chase. Many years ago after declining to stop for a speed trap in the middle of nowhere, with straight smooth roads from horizon to horizon, a police Ford XR8 hunted me down mad max style over 20km. My bike broke down with cdi problems. I got caught and later in court the police boasted about how they reached a measured 245kmph.
I was on a 600cc Yamaha.
I got off with no record, but my lawyer cost the same as a nice used car.
How unfortunate the XR6T and XR8 are finishing production in 2016!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Road laws in Australia are all about collecting money for the Australian state governments. Nothing to do with safety.
The Queensland police love a good chase. Many years ago after declining to stop for a speed trap in the middle of nowhere, with straight smooth roads from horizon to horizon, a police Ford XR8 hunted me down mad max style over 20km. My bike broke down with cdi problems. I got caught and later in court the police boasted about they reached a measured 245kmph. I was on a 600cc Yamaha.
I got off with no record, but my lawyer cost the same as a nice used car.
How unfortunate the XR6T and XR8 are finishing production in 2016!
Awesome! Only way that could be any more Australian is if you threw in "punched a kangaroo" at the end. Some day, I'm going to fly down under and enjoy all you guys have to offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts