Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been looking at some Cortech items, they have good reviews on Revzilla but they are so cheap for what they claim to offer, which is awesome if its really that good but idk, how have you guys liked the quality of them? any stories to tell for you guys that have tried the products? I am about to buy some expensive Dainese but if i can save money and still be protected why not! I just want to make sure its good for what I do, which is just commuting 50 ish miles both way cold and hot weather day and night, thanks guys! Surprisingly google has not been much help in finding much info about Cortech lol. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
I have the Cortech tail bag, The bag itself is nice, but seems like the straps keep loosening themselves. I think the straps were fed through the wrong direction (as purchased), they are hard to tighten but easy to loosen.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have a Cortech VRX Air jacket. I love it. It's my warm weather jacket. Great quality, great value.
Don't be afraid to try some Cortech stuff. It's not junk, like the stuff you find at CycleGear. ( BiLT )

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bought some cortech riding shoes. Comfortable, but disappointed in the quality of materials. The shift panel on the shoe looked like leather, but it turns out its just a synthetic material that is already peeling after 700 miles of riding. I've only had them 3 months.

I'll keep them around, but I just bought a pair of Alpinestars SMX riding shoes since I don't expect the Cortech's to last as long as I originally thought.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a pair of Adrenaline II gauntlets I picked up not too long ago that I will have not much longer. They only have two trackdays on them and the stitching is coming out at the seams in two different spots already with bare hand exposed. What would these do in a wreck? I pray to not have to find out.

I'll be going back with Taichi. I have a pair of their short gloves and rave about them. Their NXT054 glove is so comfortable and offers so much I have no doubt it is what I will be going with.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a cortech piuma leather jacket and it's held up fine over the 3 years.

Boots, helmet, and gloves I like to splurge a bit and get higher end items.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a Cortech 3-in-1 jacket on sale at Revzilla. It is a good starter jacket. However, later I bought some Rev'it mesh overpants and the quality is night and day. Granted the Rev'it pants cost twice as much as the jacket, but it got me thinking that if I did crash, how well would the Cortech jacket hold up? While I'm driving around the city I think it will be fine, but I thought if I low-sided on a twisty mountain road I'd probably be toast. So I bit the bullet and got the matching Rev'it jacket which is 1000 denier PWR (Rev'it's Cordura knock-off) and has sas-tec armor. I think the peace of mind is worth the extra moolah. Also, I bought the jacket from the UK so the jacket was about $40 cheaper than anywhere in the U.S., even with overseas shipping.

I also notice that buying Rev'it leather gear and Daytona boots from Germany is significantly more cost effective than buying in the States, you just have to be careful about their return policies.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was looking at Cortech bags, and a lot of guys around here swear by them and gave them outstanding reviews. I went with Ogio for my tail and tank bag though;it was literally a toss up. Ogio won due to slightly lower price. As far as gear, while I am not a label and brand *****, I do like some nice things and will pay for some top notch items, which "cost" and usually have a commensurate "label." Anyway, my mantra is unless you're a sponsored MotoGP racer or rapper, one shouldn't be head to toe in one brand like you see dudes in full NIke or Adidas getups on the court or field. ;-)

Personally I use and love Icon, RS Taichi, Dainese, Alpinestars, and AGV. I find Icon and RS Taichi to be a great value, and good quality for the money. I have a Icon Alliance Dark helmet, Overlord pants, two Overlord jackets, gloves, Stryker armored vest. I have Alpine stars boots, gloves, rain shell, etc. I have a Dainese armored shirt, and an RS Taichi mesh light jacket. You should see my wishlist. Apparently, I need more armor, like the $450 Dainese Mantis armored jacket, 3-4 more jackets (seasons you know?), different boots (seasons), at least 2 more pants, one can never have enough gloves, and a CF helmet like the Bell Star. It becomes an addiction.

Some are AGATT. I am in between. I am not like one of these knucklehead NY Biker Boyz who rides in boots/shoes/shorts/tee with gloves, of course. I'll wear an armored shirt and my armored vest and gloves, but still will wear some sneakers and jeans if I am commuting. I go all out when going on long rides or trips. So basically, I have found the above brands and items fantastic. They look good, are comfortable, durable, high quality, and decent value-I mean all gear is expensive so you can't say it's ever a bargain sans sales.

Basically, Icon and RS Taichi are for items that you want to been good but spend a few $ less on without sacrificing quality. Alpinestars has a mix of lower end to really high end stuff, and I love their stuff. Dainese is pretty much top stuff and top dollar. Pick Dainese for those special items like an armored vest, say, or a nice 4-season jacket. But you gotta test stuff and egt what works for you, and what you like aesthetically. As important as safety, features, and price are, if it it's ugly, what's the point?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a Cortech leather perforated jacket and their tank bag. Really like both.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have Cortech Latigo RR boots. They are high quality and very comfortable. The guy I bought them from low-sided wearing them at the track. They really held up great. The leather is thick and supple and was barely scuffed. Most of the damage is to the sliders, which can be replaced for 11 dollars.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have cortech gauntlet gloves and they have about 3,000 miles and 6 track days on them and I just washed them for the first time this weekend. They are extremely comfortable (perfectly broken in) and have held up fantastically. 10/10 would buy again.

I also got them on "almost free sale" at motorcyclegear.com so I think they cost me $30.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have Cortech mesh jacket. They fit nice and appears to be of decent quality. the only downside is the back padding is a joke. It's basically just a 1/8" foam pad that would do very lil to protect your back BUT luckily I replaced it with a much better pad that fits just right!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a cortech latino RR one piece suite. I lowsided at about 50 mph and slid on my ass (like a baseball slide) and then tumbled a couple times because I thought I had stopped moving so I tried to pop up. Suit had a baseball size hole in the left ass cheek and the right forearm had a small tear at the seam from when I rolled.

I did't have a scratch on me, so theres that, but the suit was unusable again. I actually had it patched and now only wear it in the canyons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts