Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions.

1: I am looking at the gas tank and how small it actually is but I want to keep the bikes fuel economy so is there anyone that makes a somewhat bigger custom tank so you can go on longer trips and not feel so worried if you run out of gas. I personally just get paranoid after it hits 2 bars.

2: with how small the tires are they just don’t have any traction around dirt, rocks, pebbles, etc so is there a company that makes a 5” inch rear rim and 3.5” front rim to make wider tires possible for grip and safety purposes?

3: does anyone know if you can cut off that huge bowl of sound deadening metal between the sensor and the muffler that way you can put on a straight pipe and the muffler using clamps so you don’t have to buy a full exhaust because it’s expensive?

4. Does anyone know if that blue quad lock phone mount will work if you drill a new hole for the on/off switch in the bar? Or the best mount for no mods but installation? That’s not like $60+.

5. And this one is kinda dumb but does anyone know of a way or a kit to get a raise and lower switch controlled license plate mount? For experimenting purposes on long long long toll road trips ya know😂?

·
Registered
17 Posts
5. And this one is kinda dumb but does anyone know of a way or a kit to get a raise and lower switch controlled license plate mount? For experimenting purposes on long long long toll road trips ya know😂?
Well without commenting on the legality of what you're wanting to do with your last question, I have seen some YouTube videos on someone making a fender eliminator with a door hinge that was attached to a string or something. Or, if you wanted to, you could use a small electric motor with a button on the handlebars. But I would think that carries 100 other problems with it over the string and hinge combo. Try searching "flip up motorcycle license plate mount" (or something similar) on YouTube or google.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, you can remove the cat on your original exhaust, i did it on my stock exhaust and the sound its perfect, not loud at all but definitely a Little bit throattier, you'll love it

·
Registered
109 Posts
1: No. If you're worried about item 3 being expensive, that's got nothing on what a custom fuel tank would cost!
2. Buy tires more suited to off-road conditions ... or get a different bike that is more suitable in those conditions. For what it's worth - in slippery conditions, "wider" is not what you want to do. "Narrower" is what you want to do. Narrower tires tend to cut through the muck more instead of hydroplane on top of it. Look at dirt bikes ... they have relatively narrow (but knobby) tires.
3. "do it properly, or don't do it at all". What you're proposing to do, is not doing it properly ... so don't do it at all.

4. No idea
5. Not legal for the purpose that you stated you want to use it for, so no comment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts