Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Covid 19 made me do it

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Farqaleet 
#1 ·
Hey everyone ! My name is Ray , I'm turning 60 in a couple weeks .All my life I had bikes , ever since my first moped at 12. Last year I sold what I taught was my last bike . My reasons were because of high insurance cost , photo radar , bad service from most dealership and basically the expense of running a bike . Somehow I managed to do ok thru out the riding season here in Winnipeg. But now with this **** virus , I really need to hit the road , shut my visor and be in my own little world . I wanted an R3 because I had tried one out at a demo ride and was really impress with it . Also at 321cc the insurance cost is manageable and the whole maintenance of the bike should be way less compare to the Honda Vtx that I sold . As for the photo radar , I'll just have to be careful . I'm glad I found this group as it will become very handy . Thx for the in and rubber side down everyone .

#7 ·
Hi, Ray the R3 is a great bike to ride, I did a demo ride back in 2015 and was impressed I had to have one.
Been riding mine since early 2016 and have been really enjoying it, great bike. OBTW I will turn 81 next week.
Coaster, 81? You are the man! I wanna be like you at that age. You probably eat healthy, work out, etc.

#3 ·
Thx Coaster ! In the end it was between Ninja 300 or 400 and the R3 . I had tried all 3 but preferred the R3 and then it was money and the R3 won again . It's a 2016 blue with 10 k km all stock and in very good condition . Have a great bday and many more Coaster .

#4 ·
The cost of consumables on these Yammies are nil. Around 35000 km on mine with original chain/sprockets, replacement tires are in great shape with 30,000 km & more than 50% life left, same OEM battery, same OEM brake pads etc etc. As for as spending money on upgrades, these bikes really do not need anything other than some suspension work. And the price point of the bike is affordable.

Best bang for the buck out there in my opinion with the smiles/miles ratio.

#5 ·
I like the sound of that Kiko . I'm not particularly hard on my bike as I don't like to spend more than I have to . Not planning any upgrade for now but with that said I'm all about comfort so possibly a different seat , bar riser , suspension but none of that for now , in the future perhaps .

#8 ·
Hi Ray I have done the samething.

i sold my vfr800 a few years ago, I have my fazer 1000 04 model.
i just wanted something lighter.
but I will have to wait until the lockdown has finished in July ish.
so they can delivery my bike.

Any advice on the bike much appreciated

jools

#9 ·
I think there's a lockdown all over the world. And this is the best way to prevent coronavirus from spreading. Health above everything. All event that happening in the world cancelled due to coronavirus. Personally, I was excited to start the MotoGP season. I like this season so much that I have started motorcycle riding myself. A 2011 BMW g650 is my first bike. It's a dual sports bike. Now I'm thinking of buying another bike, the BMW K 1600B.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.