Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey brains trust.
Can anyone suggest a place where I can get my hands on no cut or drill protection/knobs/sliders for 2016 R3 in Australia or shipped here that's not too expensive?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Consult your local dealer, I purchased a set of "Oggy knobs", for the price I paid (I think about $200, they have well and truly paid for themselves!
I'll be getting them installed on every bike I own!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I found a set of sliders on ebay by Shogun for like $80 that included frame, fork, swing arm and bar end sliders, not sure of the quality or fit though, a little nervous to order. They claim to be no cut, does anyone know anything about these sliders?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I found a set of sliders on ebay by Shogun for like $80 that included frame, fork, swing arm and bar end sliders, not sure of the quality or fit though, a little nervous to order. They claim to be no cut, does anyone know anything about these sliders?

I've seen them on other bikes. They don't seem as sturdy as Oggy knobs or R&G but are definitely a step above the no-name Chinese ones.
I'm still deciding if I should fit my R&G kit or sell it on

·
Registered
542 Posts
just crash tested the shoguns at the track last weekend....

Super easy install (no cut) ,held up decently and protected the important bits, but the bolt bent quite a bit from the impact. They'd definitely save a bunch of of frustration for a low speed tipover, they are long enough to keep the fairings if the ground. Not sure if I will buy them again though, as I am considering more track riding and want something a tad more robust.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about your spill, but thank you for the feedback! I'm a new rider so I won't be on a track anytime soon, I'm far more likely to drop the bike at slower speeds. I'll probably go with the Shoguns then, thanks again for sharing.

just crash tested the shoguns at the track last weekend....

Super easy install (no cut) ,held up decently and protected the important bits, but the bolt bent quite a bit from the impact. They'd definitely save a bunch of of frustration for a low speed tipover, they are long enough to keep the fairings if the ground. Not sure if I will buy them again though, as I am considering more track riding and want something a tad more robust.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have Vagabond frame sliders, Dimotiv front & rear axle sliders, and Dimotiv & Bikers engine/stator crash pad covers. Plus an R&G Round Exhaust Protector. Some ass hat knocked my bike over and ended up with scrapes on my bar ends, and some of those sliders in the side in question. They did their job. All of them are high quality, robust, and ostensibly very durable. Couldn't be happier with the function and looks. I'd highly recommend every item. I posted pics of my bike in the "Show Your" "What'd you do today" threads if you want to see my set up.
@cxa0897 Sorry to hear about your spill. Hope your R3 makes it back to the road/track soon. I see you have Tyga rearsets like me. I really love the look of them. After installing them, I was leery about their strength-their so light. I stood up in full gear and a pack on them, and they barely flexed. When my bike was knocked over, the slider end cap took all of the damage on the foot peg. Whatever hits the foot peg, it'll be the bolt that bends, not the actual foot peg. I am actually ordering extra bolts to pack in my toolkit and traveling extra part bag. Luckily, they're modular, and you can buy pieces separately. So you can salvage whatever pieces you can, and reconstitute to full operational order with new pieces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts