Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been looking to change from the stock mirrors on my R3 for a long time as I feel like the stock mirrors don't provide me enough vision (very little to be honest), after viewing some of the alternatives I'm almost set on buying the CRG Bar End mirrors but I'm unsure about a few things and would like the advice of some members who have alread tried them/have the knowledge.

Is there enough space to clamp them around the stock bar?
If not does removing the weight inside the bar to mount it with the adapter increase the vibrations by a noticable amount?

I've noticed there is another forum member that tried bar end mirrors but he never updated his post with the feedback so not sure how well it would work.

Thanks anticipatedly for anyone willing to help ^^

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had them on my 2011' zx10r and other bikes in the past, IMO they look better than any factory mirror.... but for all out visibility, I always believe they are not as user friendly as some factory mirrors. I have always used the round smaller styles as well so the bigger ones may be different. Didn't notice much difference in vibration with the bar end adapter from CRG.

This time with my newer zx10r I may go with the CRG Arrow mirrors or the Driven D-Axis mirrors that are almost the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had them on my 2011' zx10r and other bikes in the past, IMO they look better than any factory mirror.... but for all out visibility, I always believe they are not as user friendly as some factory mirrors. I have always used the round smaller styles as well so the bigger ones may be different. Didn't notice much difference in vibration with the bar end adapter from CRG.

This time with my newer zx10r I may go with the CRG Arrow mirrors or the Driven D-Axis mirrors that are almost the same.
Thanks for your feedback! Did the build quality seem good to you? As I don't have much money for upgrades I'd like to make sure the one I get are going to las ^^"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Mushy maybe you can try these.
http://greggscustoms.com/product/2086/

I think it just screws in so you can use stock bar ends. I've been wanting to try this but I'm not mechanically smart enough to know if it will fit. I would like to add just one crg hindsight to clutch side to see behind me and leave the stock mirrors to see other lanes

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mushu..... I am pretty carefull on choosing quality parts for my bikes, and I have no issues with any of the CRG parts I have bought in the past including the carbon fiber levers Ive had as well. I have several sponsors but CRG is not one of them so this isnt promotion biased either.

Post up pics if you get them. I have one extra so I may try a test fit but just for one side since I dont have a pair right now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mushy maybe you can try these.
http://greggscustoms.com/product/2086/

I think it just screws in so you can use stock bar ends. I've been wanting to try this but I'm not mechanically smart enough to know if it will fit. I would like to add just one crg hindsight to clutch side to see behind me and leave the stock mirrors to see other lanes
These do seem really interesting, but unfortunately since I'm in Italy shipping alone costs more 130% of the price of the product itself :/ If I feel the vibrations increase a lot I'll probably order it eitherway but given the situation I'll wait to try without them before ordering, thanks of the info though, would definitely order them if the shipping was cheaper ^^

Mushu..... I am pretty carefull on choosing quality parts for my bikes, and I have no issues with any of the CRG parts I have bought in the past including the carbon fiber levers Ive had as well. I have several sponsors but CRG is not one of them so this isnt promotion biased either.

Post up pics if you get them. I have one extra so I may try a test fit but just for one side since I dont have a pair right now.
Just ordered them (foldable round ones)! Should be arriving next week, I'll update this post with pictures + my experience after a day or so of riding with them!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reporting back with some bad news :(

I had ordered the mirrors from http://crgmoto.co.uk but 2 days after placing the order they had been removed from their website (along with almost everything they had listed) wich concerned me a bit, so I contacted them through email to have confirmation that my order would still get through and to my surprise I didn't recieve any reply, I waited a few work days and tried emailing them again without recieving any reply for the second time.

After waiting almost 2 weeks without any answer or confirmation today I finally decided to ask PayPal for a refund (these are the moments I truly appreciate PayPal lol), but I'm still pretty bummed out, not really because of the fact that I have to wait for a refund but because it was the only european website I had found with CRG mirrors and a low shipping price (ordering from US for me is way too expensive) so I'm going to have to try and find another way to order them or resort to cheapish ebay ones :crying:

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Reporting back with some bad news :(

I had ordered the mirrors from http://crgmoto.co.uk but 2 days after placing the order they had been removed from their website (along with almost everything they had listed) wich concerned me a bit, so I contacted them through email to have confirmation that my order would still get through and to my surprise I didn't recieve any reply, I waited a few work days and tried emailing them again without recieving any reply for the second time.

After waiting almost 2 weeks without any answer or confirmation today I finally decided to ask PayPal for a refund (these are the moments I truly appreciate PayPal lol), but I'm still pretty bummed out, not really because of the fact that I have to wait for a refund but because it was the only european website I had found with CRG mirrors and a low shipping price (ordering from US for me is way too expensive) so I'm going to have to try and find another way to order them or resort to cheapish ebay ones :crying:
You could try these CRG clone mirrors from china. They have them in all black, too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-7...r-For-Honda-/121689564228?hash=item1c55436444

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts