Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much consideration I went with the CRG RC2 levers for $175 from my local dealership, with my reward points my actual cost was $125.

Fit and finish are great,no wiggle or free play and two-finger braking is smooth and easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noob question but whats the benefit of having these?

I'm sure there are others here on the forum who could provide a better answer,but here's my two cents:

The ability to adjust the amount of reach allows you to try out different settings,after a few days,I have found that "sweet spot".

Shifts just seem smoother,quicker and my hands feel less fatigued...maybe it's all in my head,:)

They also have a replaceable tip in case the bike goes down,less expensive than replacing the whole lever

Finally, they look great

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sure there are others here on the forum who could provide a better answer,but here's my two cents:

The ability to adjust the amount of reach allows you to try out different settings,after a few days,I have found that "sweet spot".

Shifts just seem smoother,quicker and my hands feel less fatigued...maybe it's all in my head,:)

They also have a replaceable tip in case the bike goes down,less expensive than replacing the whole lever

Finally, they look great
It isn't in your head. Aftermarket levers can and usually do change the way the shift feels, in addition to their aesthetic benefits, of course :)

I didn't realize these had replaceable tips, that is a lie perk. One reason I was never OK shelling out this much for levers is in the event I go down (or some jerk knocks my bike over, which is all too common) I'd take a huge hit from the levers getting damaged.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts