Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So found this full exhaust less than 200 bucks. Basically I want the headers and what not and I can later buy a different slip on.

Just curious of people's opinions. Unlike all the big name systems that are all essentially straight pipe. This seems to have more of a design...is it good or bad?

Also in the mean time I did this for fun. Lol took off stock exhaust lost at least 10 lbs. Went to local auto store and bout and exhaust tip slip on for 15 bucks. Looks better sounds better. And I haven't noticed too much popping. Just temporary and for sound mostly... I have a video with audio but it said it's too big. I'll upload it to my YouTube and link it if anyone is cares enough. Lmk.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
To my knowledge, non of the current name brand slip ons will fit aftermarket headers. That said, if the headers in this kit are an exact size match if the stock headers, then any aftermarket slip on "should" fit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can't tell if it is a low mount or side exhaust by the look of it. If you get it tuned I don't see why it wouldn't be similar to other full systems. All I know is that it will be LOUD as of any full exhaust on this bike.. too loud for my taste :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
y
To my knowledge, non of the current name brand slip ons will fit aftermarket headers. That said, if the headers in this kit are an exact size match if the stock headers, then any aftermarket slip on "should" fit.
NOT TRUE. I bought a cheap-add Chinese header off Ebay and the muffler opening is standard 51MM. I'm running an M4 GP muffler on it. Looks super cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts