Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty unknowledgeable in the ECU flashing department, so hopefully this isn't a stupid question.
I have a fairly stock 2020 R3. I plan to do a full exhaust system swap on the bike and will be going with an ECU flash to correct the tune as well as lighten up the engine braking and such (this bike won't be tracked or anything, it's purely for street riding and commuting on occasion; so I didn't think a PCV or anything with swappable maps was necessary).
I've seen a lot of services that offer an ECU flash when you buy a full exhaust system to load it with a map specifically with that exhaust in mind.
However, when I do the exhaust I also plan to throw on a high-flow airbox and some velocity stacks as well.
Are there ECU flash services that can put together a reliable map with other small mods like this taken into consideration? Or does adding more mods to a mail-in flash service overcomplicate things? Would I need to take it to a shop and get it custom tuned if I did more than just an exhaust system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'd say a good majority of people on this site (including me) have used Norton Motorsports. They will flash your ECU according to your bike's specs and Jesse has years and years of development put into his R3 tunes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts