Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I was trying to do a simple task and change my front brake pads out... I stripped one of the t50 torx bolts because they were torqued down like unbelievably tight... so I ordered a new bolt and drilled a slit in the stripped bolt to remove it. I didn't take the abs line off because I'm dumb and I thought it was fine, ended up nicking the abs line so I took all the necessary covers off, unplugged the abs line and removed it from the bike. Does anyone know where I could find the part number for the OEM abs front brake cord?
- Red outline is the abs line
View attachment 68896
- This is the front of the cord where it screws into the rotor
View attachment 68897
- This is the end of the cord where it just plugs in to the receiving end under the tank
View attachment 68898
- Receiving end
View attachment 68899

Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I found it under electrical and not the brakes...

part number is: 2WD-85970-00-00 for anyone who needs it

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'd be interested to know how much the dealer charges for it if that's the route you're taking? It'd probably be a fraction of the price if you get it off a wrecked bike or someone who's taken their ABS off for the track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd be interested to know how much the dealer charges for it if that's the route you're taking? It'd probably be a fraction of the price if you get it off a wrecked bike or someone who's taken their ABS off for the track.
$75 off partzilla, not too steep but avoidable in my case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts