Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a weird situation. I washed my bike today, using hose and all, making sure not to spray any area too hard with water and after everything was done, the headlight that usually turns on when the bike starts wouldn't light up.

I took the bulb out and it seemed okay, with the filament still intact and nothing looking burnt, but it wouldn't light up. I had given the headlight connector a couple taps and it turned on but once I turned the bike off and started it again, same issue; light doesn't turn on.

Might I wrack the brains of the bike gurus here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Specifically the signalling fuse. Your DRL, plate light, turn indicators and taillight are all tied to this fuse. If this is not the issue, you may want to take a look at type connector itself to see if you see any scorch marks or signs of wear and tear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dont touch the bulb with your hands. The oil on your hands will burn out the bulb faster. Use gloves or at least a paper towel when touching the bulb

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
Have you tried the high beam headlamp? If it works, swap positions with the low beam lamp. Hi and LO beam lamps are the same size. You should be able to isolate either a bad lamp, or bad wiring.. If both bulbs work in the high beam socket, it's wiring. If not, it's a bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts