Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Yamaha dealership today to get the recall done. I had an appointment for Tuesday at 11AM. I made the appointment last week. I showed up and waited 15 minutes before being talked to because they were short staffed.

35 minutes in they tell me that they ran out of the kits... So I am told to call back and try to get an appointment tomorrow. Could I ask for some compensation? Like a gift card or some Yamaha goodies? I hate complaining because I do not like A$$ Hole customers/people who do that, but if I could get some free stuff for my wasted time and gas I'd be cool with that. What do you think?

Also, they told me that they will not have to change the oil since the oil pump is at the bottom. I heard others said that their dealers changed/drained the oil for them. And others say that the bike was laid on the side to avoid removing oil which can scratch the bike.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Worth a try. And no they put bike on side stand and no oil lost. Kinda lame they would schedule without parts in stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it was an okay ride there but it was hot a$$ ****... I am more upset that other people have gotten the recall work done before me. I called them way back like a few days after the recall notice for the US came out on the forums. They did not have the kits and they took down my info and were supposed to call me back as soon as they got the kits. Of course, they did not and I show up and still nothing.

The paranoia of me breaking those parts while riding is more of a concern to me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I put almost 11k miles on my bike before bringing it in for the recall. If it weren't for the dealership calling me and telling me they had the kit ready for me, I would've gone longer. I wouldn't worry about a few days/weeks.

Something else to keep in mind is that you can contact other dealerships to see if they have the kits in stock. It can't hurt to call one or two other local dealers and see if they can fit you in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts