Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks dope bro, might I suggest removing the plastic reflective markers? It totally cleans up the look of the bike. Besides, rim tape is much more functional! Nice to see the Raven de-badged. I've the white one myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya now that you mention it that would look nice. I'll have to see if my state requires me to keep that on or if I need it for inspections. Lets see yours I was thinking white plastics would look nice also

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ya now that you mention it that would look nice. I'll have to see if my state requires me to keep that on or if I need it for inspections. Lets see yours I was thinking white plastics would look nice also
I've got some pictures of it here on the forum, sadly no picture with the reflectors off. Legality aside, I can't really speak of it but putting on some rim tape rather than having reflectors would be even better. Not only for looks, but for practicality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes rim tape is one of the next few on my list. I'm gonna upgrade looks before I even think about anything with the engine. Tbh I actually am gonna wait to see where They go with the 2019 r3 as fas as engine size. If it gets that much better with the new r3 then I might just be biying a new bike. If nothing happens power based with the new r3 then hopefully a plastics conversion for my bike will be in order. The pics I seen for the new one look great.

·
Super Moderator
936 Posts
Yes rim tape is one of the next few on my list. I'm gonna upgrade looks before I even think about anything with the engine. Tbh I actually am gonna wait to see where They go with the 2019 r3 as fas as engine size. If it gets that much better with the new r3 then I might just be biying a new bike. If nothing happens power based with the new r3 then hopefully a plastics conversion for my bike will be in order. The pics I seen for the new one look great.
I'd be hugely surprised to hear, at this late date, that Yamaha's 2019 R3 had a different and larger engine. I suspect we'll see several different bike mfg's , including Yamaha, follow Kawasaki's lead into the 400cc area. But, I suspect it will be several years away before they all shake out. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As far as I know nothing will be done with the new r3 but that doesn't get my hopes down for a suprise up yamaha sleeve in the next couple year's. Until then I'll keep having fun on my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts