Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any information on the DG v2 slip-on exhaust? I found some for sale on eBay for $199 shipped, which seems like a pretty good price.

That being said, I have been unable to find any reviews or really any information at all about this particular exhaust. I'd like to know a bit more about the install process and hear how the slip-on sounds. So far all I have found is a short video of a DG full-exhaust with this same can. It sounds awesome in that video, but I am certain the full exhaust sounds quite a bit better than the slip-on will.

So, does anyone have anymore information on this exhaust? I would love to see it and am definitely interested for $200.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I cannot see anyone shelling out many $ for slip on exhaust - unless you like the look. The increase in sound is minimal - and the same effect can be achieved by modifying the stock muffler.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
I cannot see anyone shelling out many $ for slip on exhaust - unless you like the look.
I'd say the majority of people here have slip on exhausts haha. I agree, because of the cat location on the bike there will be minimal change in sound, but for $200 thats a **** of a deal compared to the others that are nearly double that price

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd say the majority of people here have slip on exhausts haha. I agree, because of the cat location on the bike there will be minimal change in sound, but for $200 thats a **** of a deal compared to the others that are nearly double that price
This is primarily why the DG caught my attention. The sound increase is minimal without removing the cat, but at $200 even a bit of extra oomph would be nice.

For a lot of people I think its just a modding thing more than a performance thing. They either like the way the aftermarket exhausts look or the menial change in sound, or they are just looking for extra stuff to do to the bike.

I would like to get a bit deeper sound from my bike but my primary reason is that I have a large scratch on my stock exhaust that I'd like to get rid of. No point in paying ~$100 for a replacement stock exhaust when I can shell out a bit more for an aftermarket!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts