Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a stupid question. Are diablo rosso ii and Bridgestone s20 tires radial? I can't seem to find out anywhere if they are or not. Vendors don't state if they are or not.
Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
DRII are radial tires. I am not aware of any high performance (track worthy) motorcycle tires that are bias ply.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes and yes.
Personally I preferred the feeling/feedback from the s20's more than the DR2's
Both tires would be great for street riding

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! They both great great reviews and are pretty similar in terms of performance. I'll let ya know which ones I endcap getting

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing. Been leaning towards the Battleaxes. Saw a headline that Rosso III's are out but haven't read anything about them and if they're track only.

I wanted to wear down the stock Michelins but the feedback on both tires has been so good, it seems a hard upgrade to ignore especially for the price. The stocks don't feel that bad as some complaints, but the last rain storm I drove through on them, they felt pretty sketchy, although I try to avoid the rain like the plague.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Rosso 3's arent in 110/70 and 140/70 sizes.

You can however get Pirelli Supercorsa (cant remember if SP or SC) in 110/70 and 140/70.

Rosso 2's and S20's are perfectly fine and capable for street and some track riding.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
S20's are great. I have them on my CBR1000RR.
The stock tires on the R3 will last a long time. If you just use your R3 to commute, the stock tires are good.
If you want to hit the track or the canyons, it's a good idea to run some better rubber. S20's are a great choice.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S20's are great. I have them on my CBR1000RR.
The stock tires on the R3 will last a long time. If you just use your R3 to commute, the stock tires are good.
If you want to hit the track or the canyons, it's a good idea to run some better rubber. S20's are a great choice.
I have 6500kms on the stock tires, and they still have a lot of life on them....but I don't feel safe at high speeds (130-145kph). Towards the end of the season I was riding quite aggressively in the twisties and felt like the bike could have much more potential with better rubber. Thanks for the recommendation!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put some Rosso II (stock sizes) on approx 4,000 km ago and the rear is already squaring off and getting close the the tread indicator.

I commute 60km a day mostly straight line on the motorway, but spend a couple of hours every weekend working on the sides.

I've done one track day on them, and they did have great grip on the sides at lower pressure, not as good as a friends Hyosung with Supercorsas though.

I won't be getting them again, the centre doesn't appear to be hard enough, will look at S20 or a 160/60 S21 next time around.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put some Rosso II (stock sizes) on approx 4,000 km ago and the rear is already squaring off and getting close the the tread indicator.

I commute 60km a day mostly straight line on the motorway, but spend a couple of hours every weekend working on the sides.

I've done one track day on them, and they did have great grip on the sides at lower pressure, not as good as a friends Hyosung with Supercorsas though.

I won't be getting them again, the centre doesn't appear to be hard enough, will look at S20 or a 160/60 S21 next time around.
Thanks for the information. I seem to be leading towards the S20's. If it wasn't for a plug in my rear, I'd wear out the stockers, but I just don't feel safe riding highways speeds with that **** plug!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts