Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Built a full exhaust using the stock headers and a old Vance and Hines can from a buell, cut the can 5 inches and formed a mid pipe, it seemed just a tad lean and was louder than I wanted so made a screen baffle for added back pressure and now seems great.
Also made a poster board template and then a fender eliminator, turned out good, all thats left is to get the permanent plate and drill for it and polish the can then I can move on to the next mod.
Pictures to follow when I get enough posts.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/a19vDGhT4Fo

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! How is the bike performing with the cat cut out of the equation? Will you need to adjust the tuning?
Its running good, no real issues but it does have a very slight lag when accelerating from no throttle to slowly part open at slow speeds ( like almost lugging) the slight lag may have been there before the pipe though, occasional light backfire when shifting from close to redline but that may be from the slight leak I have at the header/mid-pipe connection which will eventually be welded. I am still in break-in so havnt pushed it and will at some point probably install the PC with auto tuner (I live at altitude), anyway, for now I'm happy and the total cost was about $80 for both mods and a days work tinkering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts