Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
The short answer is "no".

I presume your intent is "remove model year 2020 part, install corresponding model year 2018 part, using only normal hand tools and conventional fasteners without having to change a whole bunch of other stuff in order to make it work." Nope. Too different without changing a whole bunch of other stuff.

Explanatory note 1: you can make anything fit anything else given enough cutting torches, welders, duct tape, and super glue. I am assuming by answering "no" that this is not your intent.

Explanatory note 2: Because the 2018 and 2020 models share mechanical underpinnings, it is possible to put the 2018 parts on a 2020 model if you change everything, and I mean EVERYthing, that is different between the two bikes, and it's a lot. The instrument cluster is different. The gas tank is different. Everything that touches those parts or sits adjacent to them is different. And on and on and on.

Explanatory note 3: I think the tail-section panels behind/under the seat are the same ... but nothing else is.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I appreciate the response. Yea I’m only looking to change the fairings cuz I like the look of the 2018 better than the 2020 so was seeing if it was possible to just change the fairings to the 2018 look but I understand that’s not possible. Very helpful, thanks again!!

· Registered
3 Posts
The short answer is "no".

I presume your intent is "remove model year 2020 part, install corresponding model year 2018 part, using only normal hand tools and conventional fasteners without having to change a whole bunch of other stuff in order to make it work." Nope. Too different without changing a whole bunch of other stuff.

Explanatory note 1: you can make anything fit anything else given enough cutting torches, welders, duct tape, and super glue. I am assuming by answering "no" that this is not your intent.

Explanatory note 2: Because the 2018 and 2020 models share mechanical underpinnings, it is possible to put the 2018 parts on a 2020 model if you change everything, and I mean EVERYthing, that is different between the two bikes, and it's a lot. The instrument cluster is different. The gas tank is different. Everything that touches those parts or sits adjacent to them is different. And on and on and on.

Explanatory note 3: I think the tail-section panels behind/under the seat are the same ... but nothing else is.
Your answer is appreciable but frustrating. I also like the 2018 look, far far more than 2020 one. Even I like the previous analog cluster more than the digital one.
Even MT-03 is better than 2020 R3. But sadly it looks like, I have to opt in with this 2020 R3 only. Please guide me with any suggestion required. mail is mau313f at yahoo. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts