Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I drove that Majesty for 10 years and I had one lady one time tell me she thought the bike was pretty. With my R3, I was HAULING IT HOME TIED DOWN IN THE BACK OF MY TRUCK and I had one guy look at it with a huge grin on his face and another guy who passed me gave me a big smile and a thumbs up! In the parking lot of a grocery store on Saturday I was putting some 2 liters of coke in my backpack and I had a little boy who walked by with his family "Look at that motorcycle!" :D

I never got this kind of attention when I rode my Majesty. But man, that R3 turns heads! Now, if it can just turn the head of a pretty girl that would be really nice! :laugh:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I get a lot of attention from other motorcycle riders but my Repsol cbr250r got more compliments and attention from non-riders.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In the beginning, I'd always catch another sports bike rider give my bike the look over...wondering what it was HA! And then the thumbs up. It's an attention getter for sure. I have the Blue.

Chicks in cars rarely look unless they're in a group. But your side-walkers will give you a smile, almost always.

...along with that are the cars full of dudes at the red light shouting for a wheelie. (Answer is always hel7 nah. Tickets for reckless driving is not what I want)

·
Registered
290 Posts
My wife has informed me she gets a lot of stares from guys and one guy even did a cat call while she was riding in traffic. Doesn't help she rides with a lot of pink and baby blues on her armored gear along with her tight kevlar jeans.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Turns heads many times riding on the freeway. It is from guys who I think are in the know and realize its the new R3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bike can certainly get some heads to turn. Few days ago I ran into another rider on the ninja 300 and he had to look at it for a while to figure out what it was. I have the Raven color and it was at night and he said at first glance he thought it was a R6! Haha People usually give the nod or a smile when they see it, really love the R3, glad I got it for my first bike! >:D

·
Registered
234 Posts
I ride out in the country away from traffic, so nobody ever sees my bike. 9 out of 10 motorcycles I do the "wave" to are Harley Bikers, and they couldn't care less about one "crotch rocket" vs another. It seems the only time I see sportbikes is when I'm in my car!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just this morning, a very attractive woman made a point to hold the door for me as I dismounted my bike. She was definitely taken with the R3, as well the the Alpine jacket and HJC helmet. Lots of questions about the bike, my riding scheduled, etc. I guess I need to get use to that...A Great Summer is a Brewing>:D>:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts