Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the smoked on my 3, and had the smoked on my previous bike. It is definitely a little dark, but I don't think visibility is an issue at all, the leds are quite bright. The brake light is very bright and flashes so it's impossible to miss. I followed my wife who was riding my bike for a while and it was very visible in the day. I'm sure it's crazy bright at night

Fit is also spot on and the wiring harness plugs right in, I have nothing but good things to say on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the smoked on my 3, and had the smoked on my previous bike. It is definitely a little dark, but I don't think visibility is an issue at all, the leds are quite bright. The brake light is very bright and flashes so it's impossible to miss. I followed my wife who was riding my bike for a while and it was very visible in the day. I'm sure it's crazy bright at night

Fit is also spot on and the wiring harness plugs right in, I have nothing but good things to say on it.
Awesome, thanks man!

·
Registered
346 Posts
There was a discussion on these with some excellent pics in my unrelated thread, here. The tint doesn't seem to reduce visibility, and the turn signals seem quite bright. Only issue is that its prob less visible than separate signals, i.e. stock. Integrated is inherently a little less noticeable since its part of the tailight.

Regardless, I'll be purchasing one of these in smoked next week. I hate the stock signals and my aftermarkets are way too dim, so the integrated will be much brighter even if slightly less noticeable (can't be worse than what I have now). I was going to wait for their flush mounts to be available too, but I am getting impatient, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also have the smoked one and in my opinion it's not dark at all and too light for what I wanted, I actually thought I was shipped the clear by mistake but after googling the clear one I def have the smoke, it's light enough you can see the individual LEDs in the daytime when the light is off when you are looking at it right behind the bike, I really like the sequential blinker which is what made me decide this one over the others, and the flashing brake light is nice. The fit and finish was good. My buddy drove behind me at night in a car and he said when he was more than a few car lengths behind me he could see my blinker on but couldn't really distinguish which direction it was blinking but when he was directly behind me he could tell. Overall I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input guys! Looks great. I ordered a smoked one so we will see how it goes.. I do have the bike in red. I do like the visibility of the stock blinkers but not so much the looks. Unfortunately they are sold out of the front flush blinkers so that will have to wait!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys! Looks great. I ordered a smoked one so we will see how it goes.. I do have the bike in red. I do like the visibility of the stock blinkers but not so much the looks. Unfortunately they are sold out of the front flush blinkers so that will have to wait!
Hey man can you let me know how these turn out for you?? I'm very interested in buying the same thing but in addition their fender eliminator kit. Together it would be like 120sh which is not bad to have a fully integrated taillight andd the elimnator kit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey man can you let me know how these turn out for you?? I'm very interested in buying the same thing but in addition their fender eliminator kit. Together it would be like 120sh which is not bad to have a fully integrated taillight andd the elimnator kit.
Yeah definitely! Should make the tail section look pretty clean! I have the vagabond fender eliminator, I might have to get a different one because it is pretty bulky and is meant to include standard tail turn signals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/led-tail-lights/yzf-r3.html

Wanting to purchase a pair but looking for a review of anyone that has them. Also would like to know just how dark is the tinted version? I think it looks good but I also don't want them to make me less visible. The pictures make it hard to tell. Thanks!
I have one on mines! love it. What part of Washington are you at again? If you near me (seattle) you can have a look at mines. I also got the MD fender eliminator both products I highly recommend!! Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
http://www.motodynamic.com/yamaha/led-tail-lights/yzf-r3.html

Wanting to purchase a pair but looking for a review of anyone that has them. Also would like to know just how dark is the tinted version? I think it looks good but I also don't want them to make me less visible. The pictures make it hard to tell. Thanks!
I have one on mines! love it. What part of Washington are you at again? If you near me (seattle) you can have a look at mines. I also got the MD fender eliminator both products I highly recommend!! Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am up North until the Summer, then I will be in Seattle.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got a noob question for you all but are there any advantages of smoked vs clear taillights or is it purely the aesthetics? :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got a noob question for you all but are there any advantages of smoked vs clear taillights or is it purely the aesthetics? :)

Purely aesthetics. If anything they put you at a disadvantage because they are generally less visible.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really like the flashing brake light aspect of the motodynamic but I'm less fond of the directionals being so close together

Has anyone run an integrated brake light and left some other form of directionals also in place as well?

I have not but in the instructions for the taillight I believe they say they sell a splitter to run the taillight blinker and additional blinkers at the same time without any splicing, just plug and play and you will have both blinkers at the same time. And you can turn the sequential blinker off and just have the the side of the taillight flash, not sequentially if you want, if that makes sense. There is a video by motodynamic showing the features of the taillight if you want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Almost positive you can just leave the blinker wires unplugged and run separate ones if you want and everything would be fine. I don't feel like tearing the bike apart to confirm that though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Almost positive you can just leave the blinker wires unplugged and run separate ones if you want and everything would be fine. I don't feel like tearing the bike apart to confirm that though.

I believe you are correct, you can install the taillight with only the brake light plug installed and run your own blinkers off the blinker plugs if you wish.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Yeah, that's an option, I suppose... Leave my current directionals on the bike and just use the brake wire on the new brake light.
I like the sequential directionals but at night, it's really difficult to determine which one is blinking, even in sequential mode.

I'll eventualy pick one up and just play with different options.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Installation was pretty easy, a little stressful but I did it in a parking lot. Careful not to drop your screws down the tail section because I spent most of my time trying to fetch them out. Overall I like the light so far, its pretty bright, the tint isn't terrible. I am not crazy for the animation for the blinkers but its whatever. Cleans up the back which is a plus and I really dig the blinking brake light modulator. Overall I am happy with my purchase

1 - 20 of 53 Posts