Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nothing official. Take a look at the throttle bodies where the cables attach, and see what sets the lower travel limit of the throttle shaft. (Mine is not readily accessible right now.) You may find a non-adjustable adjustment that can actually be adjusted. :)

I do not know what happens if you adjust it. If you end up getting a fault-warning or a no-start because you did something that you're not supposed to be able to do, don't shoot the messenger. Certainly make sure you can get back to where you are now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, there is an idle adjustment screw, on the left side of the throttle bodies, where the throttle cables attach. You can get at it through the left side cover, or remove the tank. See image here:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Font Auto part Audio equipment

Yes, there is an after market stunt bike idle setting device, made by Sic Shop that replaces the idle adjustment set screw with a cable driven adjuster ($39) that can be accessed externally. Sic Shop R3 Adjuster

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, there is an idle adjustment screw, on the left side of the throttle bodies, where the throttle cables attach. You can get at it through the left side cover, or remove the tank. See image here:

View attachment 69734

Yes, there is an after market stunt bike idle setting device, made by Sic Shop that replaces the idle adjustment set screw with a cable driven adjuster ($39) that can be accessed externally. Sic Shop R3 Adjuster
With the OEM one can I adjust it like that?

·
Registered
29 Posts

View attachment 69734

Also what year r6 sprocket would fit my r3?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Also what year r6 sprocket would fit my r3?
None. The R6 uses 525, 530, and 532 chains (depending on year), so none of that bikes rear sprockets will work for the R3 which uses 520 chain. Rear sprockets are available from the aftermarket in any size you can imagine. Using one from anything but R3 specific is not a necessary. Common sizes run from 41T to 48T, while stunt sprockets can go as high as 54T Vortex CAT5 Sprocket - Rear
The Sic Shop has stunt sprockets as large as 84T. Yamaha Chain and Sprocket Kit [ProSeries] - $199.99 : The Sic Shop, Stunt Parts Store

·
Registered
29 Posts
Om
None. The R6 uses 525, 530, and 532 chains (depending on year), so none of that bikes rear sprockets will work for the R3 which uses 520 chain. Rear sprockets are available from the aftermarket in any size you can imagine. Using one from anything but R3 specific is not a necessary. Common sizes run from 41T to 48T, while stunt sprockets can go as high as 54T Vortex CAT5 Sprocket - Rear
The Sic Shop has stunt sprockets as large as 84T. Yamaha Chain and Sprocket Kit [ProSeries] - $199.99 : The Sic Shop, Stunt Parts Store
Im
Trying to get a 60-66T sprocket with a 13 front or a 15 front so cruising to my stunt spot is all good!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Of course I will need a longer chain also!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also our forks are 41mm? So if I get some tubing done or adjustable clip ons I should hit the 41mm option yes?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Modern (anything 2006-on, don't know about earlier models) R6 520-conversion REAR sprockets bolt right on. Same pilot circle, same pitch circle for the holes. These are very commonly available as everyone who roadraces an R6 uses a 520 chain. Front sprockets are different and I don't know if they interchange with anything else.

For that throttle-stop screw, the issue with the stock one is that you can't easily get to it without taking other parts off the bike. The aftermarket one above appears to come with a cable and knob so that you can put this somewhere that you can get to.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Modern (anything 2006-on, don't know about earlier models) R6 520-conversion REAR sprockets bolt right on. Same pilot circle, same pitch circle for the holes. These are very commonly available as everyone who roadraces an R6 uses a 520 chain. Front sprockets are different and I don't know if they interchange with anything else.

For that throttle-stop screw, the issue with the stock one is that you can't easily get to it without taking other parts off the bike. The aftermarket one above appears to come with a cable and knob so that you can put this somewhere that you can get to.
FYI:

The build is for stunts, where they use 60 to 66 tooth sprockets. Not exactly a common sprocket for other applications.

Idle adjuster is to set engine speed for idle wheelies and tricks that involve off-bar moves - where a 2500 -3000 rpm is set to keep from stalling at low speeds and when the throttle is momentarily released. The Sic Shop part enables resetting the throttle to normal, to start the bike and run it under normal conditions. Without this, starting tye bike can be a problem, as the ECU wants to see "0" throttle on startup.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No not a common sprocket size for roadracing, but any 520-conversion rear sprocket that will bolt to a 2006+ R6 (don't know about earlier models) will bolt to an R3 rear wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts