Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just finalized the paperwork on my 2015 Yamaha R25
2,000Km, completely bone stock
Indonesia spec. Blue and White

Couldn't be more excited!

Plans -
I want to do my own custom retrofit with parts from TheRetroFitSource.com
Mini H1 Projector with RGB LED halo underneath a Mini Turbine shroud and a Switchback turn signal LED halo on the front of the shroud.

Exhaust of course. Hoping to find pretty much anything that's full Carbon Fiber.
Power commander - Had one for my R1 and I loved it
Rear fender delete, and front turn signal deletes (Since the turn signals will be inside the headlights)
Integrated Tail light.

That's my priority list for now, I am sure it will grow faster than I get stuff checked off lol

Picture

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
welcome, sweet ride. I hope I can get to ride at a track in Japan, unfortunately, haven't found a way yet
That would be awesome. Either Suzuka, or Motegi, or Fuji would be pretty cool. I'm working on a project that involves a certain automotive OEM in Japan, that owns a certain world-class track there ;)...and I keep hoping that one of these days/weeks/months I have the opportunity to travel there :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
That would be awesome. Either Suzuka, or Motegi, or Fuji would be pretty cool. I'm working on a project that involves a certain automotive OEM in Japan, that owns a certain world-class track there ;)...and I keep hoping that one of these days/weeks/months I have the opportunity to travel there :D
I've visited Suzuka a couple of times, both times I was told I need a Japanese drivers license to be able to apply for the track riding license classes. Also, those were really expensive ~$5k :eek:, let me know if you find out any other way to do a trackday there

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I've visited Suzuka a couple of times, both times I was told I need a Japanese drivers license to be able to apply for the track riding license classes. Also, those were really expensive ~$5k :eek:, let me know if you find out any other way to do a trackday there
Whaaaaat?? :eek: Seriously? Why would you need a drivers license to ride on a race track? I wonder if you could convince them by showing your race license and a whole bunch of pictures and videos of you riding on a race track! :D

I honestly can't imagine any of the pro racers having drivers licenses for any of those countries. Marquez said in an interview that he doesn't even have a motorcycle license of any kind, not even in Spain lol.

Seems bs to me that they would require that. I know people that have done it while traveling in various countries in Europe, but not sure about Japan. Maybe @Kojiiro could shed a light on this since he's stationed there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts