Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any new riders in their 30s around Toronto down for a meetup? Unfortunately none of my friends ride, so I’m out here riding solo. Would be awesome to meet other riders to hang and ride around town with, and learn together. Nothing crazy as I’m a new rider.. but I think it would be fantastic to have some chill meetups in Toronto. Just enjoy motorcycling and make new friends. I’m already eyeing some good areas. Exhibition Place is one, and has a ton of parking space. I really like the docks as the other, looking for open areas now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you on www.gtamotorcycle.com ?

Meet-ups are a bit of a difficulty right now due to coronavirus gathering-size restrictions. Some of the traditional regular meet-ups have not been happening this year, and others have been attempted but end up being broken up by the police. A return to some semblance of normality may have to wait until next season.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am up for a small meet, how many are we talking if just from this forum. I have done several contact free cruises in Halton this year with classic cars and hot rods. If you keep it small and out of public eye it works well. ppl wear masks if not able to use social distancing. if it is a nice day i would make the drive down to TO. another thought is when fall starts heading to ride the forks of the credit or something similar is a nice ride.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Maybe “meetup” is the wrong word. I didn’t really mean to imply large gatherings (although it would be cool to join one someday). I really just meant like 3-4 riders, maybe a few more if there’s interest. Ideally other novice R3 riders of similar age. Just to share experiences and cruise around a little. Establish a nice lot to meet and hang out at before/after the ride. That kind of thing. I say novice as I wouldn’t want to slow down any experienced riders. I don’t go on highways yet. Or maybe a combination of seasoned and new riders, so newbies can learn from the pros!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Common hang-out points ...

The coffee shop at the junction of Mississauga Road and Bush St in Belfountain (near Forks of the Credit). If the weather is decent, there will almost always be riders there. I live 15 minutes south of there.

Sunday mornings, the Ice House restaurant in Campbellville. Guelph Line south of 401 and north of the rail tracks. There are lots of backroads ways to get there.

Steeltown Garage in Hamilton. I know of it but I've never been there.

Hockley General Store ... except that they haven't re-opened due to the pandemic. Maybe next year.

We always used to go to the Port Credit Burrito Boyz on Stavebank on Tuesday evenings - but not this year. Store is open but you can't hang out in groups there - it's too small.

There are a few Tim Horton's that are common. 403 and Dundas is one, although I've heard that the cops have been busting that one up because of people not distancing / not masking. I never go to that ... too many idiots. Leslie and Lakeshore on Thursday nights is another one ... too many idiots and the cops have been busting it up, and I never go because for me it requires riding across Toronto, which is a sucky ride. 410 and Mayfield is another (and I just came back from there - 10 min from home). That's more for the locals - better; fewer clowns.

If I go to one of these, it won't be on the R3, though, because my R3 is strictly a race bike. And you are welcome to come watch at Grand Bend Motorplex, see www.soaracing.ca or find the SOAR facebook page and look up the schedule.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Looks like the idiots on Lakeshore and Leslie might have to be my peeps 😜 That would be my closest one.

·
Super Moderator
1,371 Posts
Hey gents, before COVID, there was a meet at a local bike shop here in Burlington (Corsa Motociecleta) every other Wednesday during the summer. There were lots of bikes, but only the odd R3. I had posted here asking for guys to come out and now that we are in the middle of COVID, it's obviously tough to get anyone together. Corsa is closing though (rent issues) until they can find a place. But I'd be up for meeting there - it's just north of the QEW on Appleby Line, and just south of Dundas / 407. Huge parking lot so we can social distance - it's also a Michael's lot. Anyways, would like to get in some more riding before it gets too cold.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm so copying this idea for next season for the 514! TO seems to have an awesome R3 community!
I wonder how many Montreal riders are in this forum!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts