Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Just go to harbor freight or McMaster and order a bunch - less than a buck apiece. Or, if copper, you can re-anneal it and use it again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Napa Auto Parts might have them too, if you don't have a HF local. Some stores have some sizes IME.

ETA - I'll be changing my oil in the next couple of days, I've got a kit like that, once I get it apart I'll mic the size and if I remember I'll post it here.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
The one that came out of there was 11 mm ID post-crushing, and the type pictured in FangShui's second picture. 10 mm wouldn't go over the plug. But, exact size and type aren't super critical - it's just there to contain any seepage that might work its way all the way up the threads of the bolt. As long as it fits well enough that there's no open space between the crankcase and the drain plug, and as long as it crushes to create a seal, it's all good. I used a flat copper 12 mm washer out of my kit.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Coolant drain plug washer is different. It's not totally flat and looks cooper. Anyone know where to buy those?
Just get the bolt size and get a washer rated for that (slightly larger will also work). It might a 8mm bolt for the coolant drain plug iirc

something like this? http://www.amazon.com/8mmx13mmx1-5mm-Copper-Washer-Gasket-Fitting/dp/B00WW77MUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463420643&sr=8-1&keywords=8mm+crush+washer

or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/110pcs-Metr...ash=item1c6443c82c:g:JBIAAOSwxp9W~QGD&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
169 Posts
I haven't managed to find a confirmed source for an OEM one, but the Yamaha stealership wanted $4.50 for 1 of these washers. I told them to eat d*ck

·
Registered
370 Posts
I haven't managed to find a confirmed source for an OEM one, but the Yamaha stealership wanted $4.50 for 1 of these washers. I told them to eat d*ck
Jeez. Maybe I?d be better off paying the $7 eBay wants for the ease of it.

This washer is more than half the cost of the filter!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts