Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must be missing something here, but for the life of me I can't seem to understand the reason for draining the cooling system to do the oil pump and clutch bearing recall. Other than making it easier to manipulate the clutch cover I see no reason to drain system. Any thoughts on this?? And on another note could some of you that have had recall done please post picture of your clutch lever on the lower cover, I'm still thinking mine was not reinstalled in proper orientation as before recall was done. I'll include pic for reference. Mine now is pointing at say 11 o'clock instead of like pointing at 12 o'clock if that makes any since.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pic

Pic

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Another

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump. Anyone ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I must be missing something here, but for the life of me I can't seem to understand the reason for draining the cooling system to do the oil pump and clutch bearing recall. Other than making it easier to manipulate the clutch cover I see no reason to drain system. Any thoughts on this?? And on another note could some of you that have had recall done please post picture of your clutch lever on the lower cover, I'm still thinking mine was not reinstalled in proper orientation as before recall was done. I'll include pic for reference. Mine now is pointing at say 11 o'clock instead of like pointing at 12 o'clock if that makes any since.
Clutch is fine. Mine is slightly off too.

As for why the coolant is drained, it is because there is a passage going through the clutch cover to the water pump. If you were to just pull the clutch cover off without draining the coolant, the coolant would end up in the oil pan. And, as the old saying goes, oil and water do not mix!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, thanks for reply. I totally missed coolant passage. Thanks again.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd say it's a great excuse to put in some engine ice. I'm going to run by the dealer when I get recall work done. I'm sure I have to pay for the engine ice though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts