Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone pulled out right in front of me and I had to slam on my breaks and set the bike down, probably going 5-10 mph when bike went over. Only minor cosmetic damage upon inspection. Mirror broke off but was able to glue it back.

After riding it it seemed like the handlebars were off a little - and when I looked at it when I got home, they seem slightly off. When I turn the wheel all the way to the left I have about 1" of space between end of left handlebar and fairing. When I turn it all the way to the right I have about 1/4". It's hard to tell if something is bent, nothing is apparent. there are scuff marks at the end of the right handlebar where it fell, so I'm guessing the impact knocked something out?

I can't imagine the fall was hard enough to torque the forks or anything. Do any of you have any ideas what to do next? Is there any way to figure out what it is without bringing it to a mechanic?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
check the two black pins to the outer of the silver metal bolts on the handlebars. if it seems like the spacing around each pin looks off, then maybe that may be a little off. I had the same situation happen to me and my steering angle was a little off afterwards, handlebars were pointed right a bit instead of centered =S

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went down on my bike too, took it to the shop and they literally bent a few things back in place and assured the frame wasn't damaged. Everything was good and just a few fairings replaced. Hope all is well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts