Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
First thing I took my time trying on and picking out before I paid for my R3 is My riding boots that have no laces then I bought the Helmet then the jacket with bright yellow on the back cause I think I'm more visible since my bike is Black. then the pants then some Gloves and NO bluetooth phone thing for my Helmet. I can't even drive a car and talk let alone a motorcycle. My R3 dealer said I should enjoy the Zen riding experience and not have my wife calling me or any person what so ever while I'm out for a ride and I agreed fully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i appreciate the sarcastic response to my misfortune. Unless you have an answee to my question please refrain from commenting. Thanks guy

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Im still new, went to put foot down. Shoelace caught and i tipped to the right. My question is. ..is this part (first pic) the part that is scratched on my bike.( Second pic)
That part # is for the Raven Black right side fairing.

You want part # 1WD-XF83M-30-P1 for the blue R3 right side fairing, shown in REF# 7 on the parts list

FOR DPB in the parts listing stands for For Deep Purplish Blue

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ryan, you're going to be throwing parts at that thing indefinitely. It's going to get scratched. As long as the damage is just cosmetic, chalk it up to experience and be more careful next time. It's kind of like a car, now you can relax, it has its first scratch. My bike has a few battle scars, mostly from my riding gear, but I'm not going to replace parts for a scratch. It can't be bad if you weren't even in forward motion so just don't worry about it.

Your bike now has character.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kinda a waste of money changing the fairings especially if you're still new. Keep riding for a year or so and if you still find the need to get new fairings go for it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If the man has the money and the will to fix the scratches on his toy, who are you to tell him not to do it? If he goes down again, that's his problem.

If you replace a fairing that's only lightly scratched, keep it as a spare in case you really drop it hard next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If the man has the money and the will to fix the scratches on his toy, who are you to tell him not to do it? If he goes down again, that's his problem.

If you replace a fairing that's only lightly scratched, keep it as a spare in case you really drop it hard next time.
This is a forum and we are entitled to give our opinion :) In the end it is his choice but we are merely advising him against doing it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Who wants to roll around all mauled up over a $65 fairing that comes painted and stickered? Easy fix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts