Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone ! I’m new to this forum , I have a 2017 r3. Yesterday I was in a hurry to get home, once i got home I turned off the bike and I forgot to put the kickstand down and dropped my bike. I lift it back up and check the damage and my foot shifter was bent in. I pull it back out so I can shift freely now but when I shift up nothing happens and doesn’t make the clicking noise to show that it’s in gear. Any advice before I spend all my money and take it to the dealership ?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good morning everyone ! I’m new to this forum , I have a 2017 r3. Yesterday I was in a hurry to get home, once i got home I turned off the bike and I forgot to put the kickstand down and dropped my bike. I lift it back up and check the damage and my foot shifter was bent in. I pull it back out so I can shift freely now but when I shift up nothing happens and doesn’t make the clicking noise to show that it’s in gear. Any advice before I spend all my money and take it to the dealership ?
Thanks
What did you end up doing to fix this issue you had

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks better then my R3 Man. Looks like the shifter is bent and you might have to disconnect and reconnect your battery( tipover sensor) Most important! Youll need to re adjust all your levers and cables. Especially your clutch lever. Set up your bike to fit the rider bud..Heres how..
First.. A vid that will make you feel better..

Then how to fix your bike..

Also your chain is way too tight. The R3 likes their chains on the loose side. It should just touch your swingarm if handled properly.

Finally, adjust your rear brake and bring your shifter lever way down if youre having upshifting issues.👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts