Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ebay.com/itm/401310149936?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$16.97 shipped. Came in about 8 to 10 days from order date. pretty quick from china to NJ...
Came with the o-rings. but i still swapped with the factory ones.

So, I email back and forth with ken hill sometimes, and I asked what they did for the R3 they have for the rick schools.

He said they literally cut 20 mm. PVC spacers and jammed em in the fork tube

And it helped a lot.

$16.97. Threads worked, no issues.

When I am ready drop the big money on fork internals, etc.. i will.

Will report more after my next track day.

Also took off my chain guard and moved my rear preload to the max setting. a bit less soft in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I've used Chinese preload adjusters on a different bike and my problems were the orings were not sealing properly. Took a combo of new orings and teflon tape to get it to work right.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do I know if the o rings are a problem?
do I hear something?
or does suspension do something funky?

So I can keep my eyes open for it..

thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just saw a video showing that he has it installed.

but not 100% sure about all the parts and spacers to make it work.
ebay has the 650r shocks for 40 50 bucks all day long.

So it would be a good "cheaper choice" in the interim.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You buy the spacers from Jesse at yamahar3racing. Just send him an email.

There's also someone selling a complete 650r shock with spacers in the parts section. Search over there.

I am using a 650r rear, softest preload setting. Intiminators in the stock fork and springs, adjusted to 35mm preload.

Forks feel perfect to me. Rear shock is not perfect for my weight (i'm too light @165 lbs with gear), but is still a huge improvement from stock. Very satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was also interesting in getting these preload adjusters.

How do you actually adjust the preload with them? There issnt a handle so is it just using a wrench to make the adjustments?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I was also interesting in getting these preload adjusters.

How do you actually adjust the preload with them? There issnt a handle so is it just using a wrench to make the adjustments?
Hex key, flat head, etc. Just depends on manufacturer. Or you can buy something to adjust them that screws onto it and stays on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts