Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
This seems to be a recurring topic for the Forum, and this video does a nice job of explaining the basics. You may have as many questions as you had before viewing it... but at least they'll be informed questions.

What The Heck Is Flash Tuning, Anyway? Unlocking Easy Power (motorcycle.com)
Very good video. I think most people have no idea just how complex a modern fuel injection system is? I've gone the PCV route on many bikes. I honestly don't have enough knowledge to make changes to get the desired results. I now go with an ECU flash ONLY. I personally use the 2WDW mail-in ECU service. These people are on top of their game, and have thousands of dyno pulls to back up their experience. I know it's been said before, but adding a full exhaust without fueling changes, is pointless. All you will get is a noise-maker, that runs worse than stock. I had my ECU flashed for the STOCK R3 exhaust, and it ran much better (I bought my R3 new). I have since opened up the air-box, deleted the PAIR valves, and added a full Akrapovic exhaust system. 2WDW re-flashes your ECU for free, if you make other mods later like I did-

www.2wheeldynoworks.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts