Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know for other Yamaha models it's pretty popular to get the stock ECU reflashed. However, I haven't seen this available for the R3. Has anyone heard of people flashing the OEM ECU? If not, is there a reason this isn't being done?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've also asked this question. Never got a response though. :-(.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've also asked this question. Never got a response though. :-(.
I'll send a message to the guy who flashed my R6 ECU - will report back. The R3 doesn't seem to suffer from any major fueling issues out of the factory, but Yamaha has done stuff like limit the throttle bodies from opening 100% even at WOT. I wouldn't be surprised if they had some similar trickery installed from the factory.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had my R1 and FZ09 flashed by a guy I've dealt with in Fort Meyers Florida since 2011. His Web Site is Vcyclenut.com. As of now he does not do a flash for the R3 and is not aware of anyone and he's been doing flashes for quite a few years now. I'm still looking. :-(.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had my R1 and FZ09 flashed by a guy I've dealt with in Fort Meyers Florida since 2011. His Web Site is Vcyclenut.com. As of now he does not do a flash for the R3 and is not aware of anyone and he's been doing flashes for quite a few years now. I'm still looking. :-(.
It seems we are at the mercy of Flash Tune as I believe the are the primary party who develops the harnesses for the ECUs and the subsequent software. I've reached out to Flash Tune to see if there's any in the works for the R3. Hopefully they send us some good news.

Reactions: Decon blue

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a response back from Flash Tune:

"We are tidying up some things for the R1, but we do plan on getting back to the R3 afterwards. I can guarantee we will have a release for the R3 I just can’t guarantee an exact time."

So there's something in the works, but release date is still unknown.

Reactions: Decon blue

·
Registered
389 Posts
Better late than never.

·
Registered
424 Posts
There's definitely people here in Australia that can do it, a few of us racers even got approached last race round (not allowed to as per racing rules)

·
Registered
389 Posts
So when you guys talk about flash, you mean reprogram the ECU instead of using a Dynojet? THIS is something that I am very very interested in! I'm familiar with doing this from my VW so it would be awesome to hear what can be done.

On the other bikes, does it require you to run premium fuel due to timing advance?

Many things can be done. Fuel maps, timing changes, QS enabled, disable O2 sensor, disable AIS, raise RPM limit, remove top speed limit, ect. Flashes for all my previous bikes ranged from $100-250. Only way to go IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts