Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I checked that after driving for some time in low speed, or in traffic jam, the engine goes really hot. Tahn it starts a strange noise (and it is not the fan). It seems like valves clearance under the tank. The exhaust sounds a little weird like "po po po po" (just a bit). The engine even vibrates about 5% ahead the normal.
After riding over 40mi/h for some time, everything comes back to normal operation. During traffic jam the temperature gauge reached 4 stripes, and after fan goes back to 3 stripes.
My cooling liquid is exactly in the midle between low and high level with the bike 100% cold.

Has someone noticed this behavior? Is it normal?
Does someone know if this engine has any valve system that opens when the bike is very hot?

Please feel free to correct me if I made any mistake regarding the language.

Thanks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
my bike gets hot in traffic too same thing with the temp gauge going to 4 marks then fan kicks in and back she goes down to 3 marks I assume its normal?

mine does not make a weird noise under the tank when it gets hot

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I would have to double-check the Service Manual, but it could be one of two things: When coolant temp exceeds about 100C, you can often feel the 'thumping' of coolant starting to boil off, especially when you're stopped. At even higher temperatures, the ECU may trigger ignition interrupt (this I'd need to double check), which would make it clatter and run a little rough.

Other than that, check that the radiator is clean, use good coolant at proper proportions, and find some back roads so you can stay in motion.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could even check that after i put another gas, theese simptoms got a little better. The first tank I put a high octane gas, now with the second one I put the gas recommended by the user guide. I'm watching it.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts