Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Engine maybe making different sound

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  zdaman 
#1 ·
This is an odd issue, I installed my full akra R3 system and have been told by both Yamaha parts dept. and the UK supplier for akra that the bike will run fine with just the system installed.
After about two weeks of riding (~800 miles) I looked back at the helmet cam footage and noticed my bike was producing a different engine note.

Putting how loud and what not aside, the R3 with any full system makes a deep bass note, which mine did initially, with slight differences from brand to brand. But for some reason my bike has changed to be a lot less bass and I've got no idea why. I thought maybe an exhaust leak but after its most recent service they guys found no issue and I can see one.
Its sounds amazing still, tbh it sounds better now doing drive by's, its just really noticeable when at idle.
Anyone else notice this or have any ideas on what to check, it could even be me being picky but it never hurts to check everything is running good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.