Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 2015 r3. 10,000 miles I keep the oil changed, but recently when I put it in gear it does great it’s when u get up to around 4000 rpm it starts to vibrate in my thighs and hands. But it don’t do it real bad In first or second but it still does it just worse in 3rd 4th and then of course 5th and 6th are worse it has been idling real good but the vibration is getting worse and I am worryed it may be the motor but it don’t run hot. If anybody could tell me what’s going on I would really appreciate it and as soon as u let off the gas and pull the clutch the vibration quits. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would check torque on all of the engine mounting bolts first before going into the engine. My front engine mounting bolts have come loose twice. One even stripped out the threads on the motor so I had to repair that. Disclaimer: I am no mechanic,

·
Super Moderator
1,142 Posts
I went to the same technical school as Kiko, so we're both un-certified mechanics.. But the R3's engine has been rock solid. At 10K miles,.. Have the spark plugs been replaced yet? If not, it's time to be done anyway... and it's cheap. How's the wear on the front and rear sprockets, and chain? Any vibration caused by kinks in the chain or damaged teeth on the sprockets would be more extreme as the engine's RPM and torque increase. The problem could be internal, but I'd start with the easy fixes first.

·
Registered
658 Posts
All motorcycles vibrate, especially low cc ones. The R3 motor is the last thing id suspect if it has oil. My guess is youre lugging the crap out of the motor with that 4k rpm stuff. Get those rpms up bud 8-14k range. Also not a mechanic, just my 2¢.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anything below 5000 rpm on this engine is only suitable for trickling through a parking lot at low speed, or sitting stopped idling. It is inherently an uneven-firing engine because of its mechanical design, and at low revs, you are going to feel every pair of power strokes.

If it runs (relatively) smoothly above 7000 rpm, there's nothing wrong.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Same here, I was never below 4000 rpm on the road, except moving in the parking lot. Only 5000 and up but usually in the range of +/-7000.

Anything less than 4000 on r3 and the engine starts to lug which is very bad for the it if done often. More rpm - good, less rpm - bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts