Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i called my local dealer today to see when the R3 will be arriving and guess what! ohh no we don't have it, i'll come out at the end of March....i've herd the same thing in January then February and now March, if it doesn't come out this month i'm getting something else.

might as well release it under 2016 model.

·
Registered
391 Posts
well i called my local dealer today to see when the R3 will be arriving and guess what! ohh no we don't have it, i'll come out at the end of March....i've herd the same thing in January then February and now March, if it doesn't come out this month i'm getting something else.

might as well release it under 2016 model.
Really? My guys never said anything other than March 2015...sounds like an issue at the dealer more then anything... I know you're annoyed, but hold on... you really want a CBR ;):D (kidding>:D)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive spoke to my dealer more than once and he always told me march 2015. Today I spoke to him again and he said end of March, I even made my deposit today so im pretty excited. Hopefully the long wait will be well rewarded at the end

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yesterday I called the dealer that I have my deposit at and he said that they have placed the order for the bikes and are awaiting confirmation. When he gets confirmation he should know when the delivery date is. he told me to call back on Friday to see if he got the confirmation. So hopefully on Friday I should know when my bike is being delivered.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yesterday I called the dealer that I have my deposit at and he said that they have placed the order for the bikes and are awaiting confirmation. When he gets confirmation he should know when the delivery date is. he told me to call back on Friday to see if he got the confirmation. So hopefully on Friday I should know when my bike is being delivered.
Let us know what they tell you

·
Registered
204 Posts
I guess it doesn't matter to me as I couldn't ride it now anyways.... :crying:

Reactions: YR3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just called a couple minutes ago and he said that they are not confirmed yet so I will have to call back on Tuesday. Someone at Yamaha is really kicking there feet around!

·
Registered
290 Posts
So I decided to head to my dealership today. I got 2 completely different answers from 2 people. First guy, looked like a new guy told me they are ordering them this month but won't get them shipped over until June.

The second guy, the guy I bought my motorcycle from last year he told me the same first part, they are just ordering them now, but will start getting them in April.

Eh. My wife really wants a bike before April so I might have to pass on the R3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im at super cross daytona now. It's bike week obviously, so there is factory Yamaha here. Yamaha said the r3's will be here in mid April. They just sent the dealers their confirmations. Larger dealers will of course have more available than the smaller ones. He also said the northern dealers: Boston, New York, Washington etc will be end of April to early June. The bikes will be released as 2015 models. I got to sit on them and they're awesome. I will say the cb300f is comfortable too. The r3 and kawi are the sportiest feeling. Cbr300 was just lame in my opinion. The cb300f is awesome looking, nice position and great value. R3 suspension was a little soft. (I weigh 150) hope this sheds some light. I did not like the fz07's riding position at all. I think it was more of the design of the front end. On the fz07 It really bothered me not being able to see the front fender or wheel. (I'm 5'9)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I own both an FZ-07 and a CB300F. Love both the bikes, even though they look very similar and are both red. The only thing I don't like about the FZ-07 is that the foot pegs are kind of in the way when I put my feet on the ground. I'm just under 5'7". It's more of an issue when you are backing out of a parking space cause you keep bumping into the foot pegs. A taller person wouldn't have this problem cause they could just put their feet farther from the bike and avoid the foot pegs. Still, the torque and comfort of the bike make up for that little design issue. The CB300F is turning out to be one of my favorite bikes due to the light weight, flickability, great mileage, and fun of wringing it out. For a single cylinder bike it's fairly smooth. The only issue I've had with it is I have to run premium or I get detonation, even though regular unleaded is supposed to work. Nobody else has reported having detonation (pinging) though with the CB300F while using regular gas. The FZ07 is fast enough that you can't wring it out like the smaller bikes on city streets and all that torque and no slipper clutch means you can't do downshifting and engine braking too aggressively without locking up and kicking out the rear tire. It's a bike for rev matching. You can certainly get out ahead of all traffic on the Yamaha. The CB300F would be safer for a new rider, I think. Neither of these bikes comes with a slipper clutch or ABS in the US. I don't know about other countries. The Yamaha has a gear indicator.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im at super cross daytona now. It's bike week obviously, so there is factory Yamaha here. Yamaha said the r3's will be here in mid April. They just sent the dealers their confirmations. Larger dealers will of course have more available than the smaller ones. He also said the northern dealers: Boston, New York, Washington etc will be end of April to early June. The bikes will be released as 2015 models. I got to sit on them and they're awesome. I will say the cb300f is comfortable too. The r3 and kawi are the sportiest feeling. Cbr300 was just lame in my opinion. The cb300f is awesome looking, nice position and great value. R3 suspension was a little soft. (I weigh 150) hope this sheds some light. I did not like the fz07's riding position at all. I think it was more of the design of the front end. On the fz07 It really bothered me not being able to see the front fender or wheel. (I'm 5'9)
WTF they told you mid april end of april or even june!!!! R u serious!?? WOW

·
Registered
222 Posts
The FZ07 came out in August, 2014 in the US and was called a 2015. The least Yamaha should do is call the r3 a 2016 if the bike is delayed so much.

Someone mentioned the Ninja 300. You can't go wrong. I owned a 2013 and a 2014. Only thing I don't like about the 2015 models is the color choices, but there are still some 2014s that offer some different colors. I don't think the bike has changed in 3 years. Colors for this year are black, white, grey, and Kawa green. I prefer red, blue, yellow, or even the white with decals on the 2014 model. Kawasaki mixes and matches their ABS and SE versions for you, so you might like a grey bike, but that one doesn't come with ABS in the US, for example.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just checked with VOS motors in Toronto where I've booked my R3. Says the bike will reach them by March end for sure. Guess the US will get them a week earlier

·
Registered
155 Posts
The FZ07 came out in August, 2014 in the US and was called a 2015. The least Yamaha should do is call the r3 a 2016 if the bike is delayed so much.
It would have to come out later then june for them to even consider renaming it 2016 (and they probably still wouldn't)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Look at the Ninja 300 and the CBR300r or the CB300F if you are looking at something in the 300 class. Those bikes are tried and true since they are the re-worked 250r engines that have been around a while. You can't go wrong with any one of those 3. The Ninja 300 will be most like the R3 for sure. You might even be able to pick up a used or new Ninja 300 model year 2014 and save some money. The Ninja 300 has been out 3 years now and hasn't changed other than model color. ABS is an option on some color schemes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Look at the Ninja 300 and the CBR300r or the CB300F if you are looking at something in the 300 class. Those bikes are tried and true since they are the re-worked 250r engines that have been around a while. You can't go wrong with any one of those 3. The Ninja 300 will be most like the R3 for sure. You might even be able to pick up a used or new Ninja 300 model year 2014 and save some money. The Ninja 300 has been out 3 years now and hasn't changed other than model color. ABS is an option on some color schemes.
nah, blue power mutha fucka lol.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts