Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it with the spam and what appears to be a lack of caring by the admin to do anything about it. The poor moderators can't be expected to go and delete hundreds of threads per day.

I'm done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Had it with the spam and what appears to be a lack of caring by the admin to do anything about it. The poor moderators can't be expected to go and delete hundreds of threads per day.

I'm done.
I agree with you and the other people on this forum, its easy for you all you do this...I had to sign a contract and pay in advance...I to would leave....but I need to try to get my moneys worth...will be calling the executives that pushed hard for me to be part of this.....

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I agree with you and the other people on this forum, its easy for you all you do this...I had to sign a contract and pay in advance...I to would leave....but I need to try to get my moneys worth...will be calling the executives that pushed hard for me to be part of this.....
A simple CAPTCHA or equivalent would solve the problem. I've e-mailed them twice about using that and never got a response back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Every.Single.Day. Here I am 2:30 in the morning in my area and "kiss" is dumping as many spam pages as possible suddenly burying all of the other random stuff on the forum that I'm trying to read to keep myself from dying a slow bored death. I can't believe it happens every day.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I don't see any SPAM? Maybe my Adblock Plus (free) on my browser is blocking them....

I downloaded mainly for stupid ads on YouTube.

·
Registered
182 Posts
First forum that I am a member of that I don't see any care from owners, strange.
If they won't do anything about it, someone will eventually make another forum and most of us will move.
They'll learn the hard way that eventually people's patience wears off.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a vbulletin account. Maybe Ill throw a site up Monday when I return to work. I to am tired of the spam and it is super simple to put blocks in place for it to stop.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
What gets me is that there is some asshat sitting in front of a monitor for literally hours posting junk, really - nothing malicious. (And invariably, at least a half-dozen views - what are you jacktards thinking?) I Wonder how much he's getting paid....
Unless one of the mods is on-line when they post, it can take a few hours to delete the spam - I know interweb patience is in short supply and that expectations of perfection from a resource that costs you nothing are common these days, but there it is. Rather than get all frustrated and stuff, maybe just come back on line in a few hours to the full enjoyment and therapeutic value you have come to crave. In any case, the Admins have been made aware and do care -

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If they care, they should at least post something about said level of caring and what they are doing about it instead of silence. That's the part I cannot stand.

I can't believe this is really a human doing this, is it? What vBulletin safeguards are in place?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts