Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! So I am living in belgium and this means that I have the European Yamaha R3 from 2016.
I have been looking into buying the integrated tailight from TST, and also 2 new signaling lights for the front (TST). Since the stock ones are kind of unsexy.

My question to you guys is does anybody have an idea if I can install this accessoires from TST? Is there any difference in electrical plugs etc?
On the site of TST they write that they know it is compatible with the Northfolk American R3, with a plug and play system. If you would like to install on The R3 from another country you Will have to verrify yourself, so thats why I am asking this question since i really like the look of the integrated tail light.

Thanks so much in advance!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello everyone! So I am living in belgium and this means that I have the European Yamaha R3 from 2016.
I have been looking into buying the integrated tailight from TST, and also 2 new signaling lights for the front (TST). Since the stock ones are kind of unsexy.

My question to you guys is does anybody have an idea if I can install this accessoires from TST? Is there any difference in electrical plugs etc?
On the site of TST they write that they know it is compatible with the Northfolk American R3, with a plug and play system. If you would like to install on The R3 from another country you Will have to verrify yourself, so thats why I am asking this question since i really like the look of the integrated tail light.

Thanks so much in advance!!
I think the only difference is the wire connector style. I believe the Euro bikes uses common bullet style wire connectors, and the NA bikes use a plastic molex style connector. I could be wrong though, it has happened before ;) . Take a peak at your bike and see if it matches the connectors on the images on TST's website.
. If not, youll have to cut the connector off and get correct Euro style ones.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I think the only difference is the wire connector style. I believe the Euro bikes uses common bullet style wire connectors, and the NA bikes use a plastic molex style connector. I could be wrong though, it has happened before ;) . Take a peak at your bike and see if it matches the connectors on the images on TST's website.
. If not, youll have to cut the connector off and get correct Euro style ones.
Before cutting the connectors off, be sure to trace each coloured wire to its specific terminal within the connector, first! Easy to do with a continuity tester. MARK each wire using easily removable "painter's masking tape" until you have again terminated it properly.

Note that Yamaha does NOT always "match" colours when making connections in the R3 wiring harness. The TST website warns you about this. You may need to do some trial and error temporary connecting BEFORE you terminate the wires in a connector, wherever this is the case.

Jim G

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks a lot i Will surely check out the connection and if necessary cut it. Because the TST taillight looks just awsome!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever find the answer to this? I currently live in Canada and was looking to buy an r3 and someone is currently selling a European version of the 2016 for a good price. I would defiantly get it if the tst mods would work without any cutting of the wires etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have the european model and bought some slicker looking items from TST. Most of it fits without problem, the wires were pretty easy to change with the "bullet style" connector but the front turnsignals comes with the american style wires and when changing to the bullet type, there was no way to connect a to the third wire that comes with it. That means the running light that was supposed to be on the turnsignal isnt connected to anything. Do you know of any place I can buy a "molex style connector to bullet style connector"? I searched a bit but couldn't find an easy answer.

Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts