Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have two sets of brake lines to sell. I bought the Galfers when I bought my Brembo upgrade kit, but my Tyga rearset needs a special SS brake line, so I ddin't end up needing the rear Galfer line, and decided to go with a custom COre Moto front line since I needed extra length over the stock length so I no longer needed the front line too. I was in such a rush when I ordered the Core Moto that on the site, their first link when ordering individual brake lines is the rear line and not the front and ordered the rear line when I needed the front so I have an extra rear brake line! Ugh. And you cannot return custom ordered brake lines. Bah!

Both brake line kits are brand new and never used. Includes banjo bolts and crush washers, and original packaging, and labels, stickers, etc if included originally. Nothing tampered with, used, or excluded.

So here are the details:

1) Galfer SS brake line set for R3-front and rear lines. Silver colored fittings with smoke colored lines. Includes 2 banjo bolts & 4 crush washers in each kit. Includes: Original Galfer packaging, and 2 Galfer stickers in each kit, plus install instructions DVD. Front kit includes an extra banjo bolt (#3) which I ordered for $9, which I'll include free.

Galfer retail prices-> Front line: $56.50 Rear line: $54.00. Will take $80 for both shipped, which I think is fair. I'm all about a fair deal for both parties.

2)Core Moto SS rear only brake line kit for R3 (customized): Custom choices: +2" compared to stock brake line, Smoke brake line color, translucent gold fittings color, and orange with black letters Core Moto logo Tag, and 2 extra gold banjo bolts, which at $8 is a an extra $16. Includes 2 regular silver banjo bolts and 4 crush washers.

Core Moto retail price-> Rear line: $69.00 + $16 for 2 extra banjo bolts = $85 cost Will take $50 for it shipped.

Send me a PM if interested. Thanks for looking at my listing. Other members who have bought from me can vouch that I ship quickly, and my descriptions are accurate. My Ebay name is kmapes72 and heatware is flimflam, and have received 100% positive feedback. Thanks again!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can vouch for you. Thanks for the lines. They worked out great
Thanks man. Awesome-the Galfer lines are really nice, and a huge upgrade over the stock ones. Next you should look at some Galfer, Vesrah, or similar brake pads. They'll add some more bite.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Are you still selling the rear? I don't think I have ever actually used my rear brake except up/down a hill and at the last MSF course I had to take. I am planning on getting new rearsets so might need a longer line.

Only thing I don't like is the orange lol. Why orange? I have a black bike now. In yet an even smaller displacement. I think my next bike is going to be a 125. I went from a 500 to two 650s to a 600 to a 320, and now a 250 lol. Have seen quite a few Aprilia RS125's here.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you still selling the rear? I don't think I have ever actually used my rear brake except up/down a hill and at the last MSF course I had to take. I am planning on getting new rearsets so might need a longer line.

Only thing I don't like is the orange lol. Why orange? I have a black bike now. In yet an even smaller displacement. I think my next bike is going to be a 125. I went from a 500 to two 650s to a 600 to a 320, and now a 250 lol. Have seen quite a few Aprilia RS125's here.

@Kojiiro! Why not the new Gixxer 250-looks sweet. Or the new Honda? Is that what you got? Yeah, I still have the brake line. As far as orange, I dig orange. Maybe I should have gotten red-I wanted a contrast. White gets dirty. Just to be clear, tt is just the Core Moto logo rubber piece, not the brake line color. The actual line is smoke colored. You can cut it off as it is not a functioning part of the brake line, gain, it is just the rubber logo "grommet" thingy.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The cbr250rr isn't available in Japan yet. Go figure. I doubt he gsxr is either but even if it were there is nothing that makes it stand out above the R3/250. At least I still have all my old parts from the last R3 j had so that's less stuff to buy. Plus suspension upgrades ( I am a big fan of properly working suspensions before other mods not including protection accessories) Are already available. The Honda looks nice but being brand new, no one knows when fork and shock upgrades will be available and I'm not about to wait for it to be released here when I need a ride back and forth to work.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cbr250rr isn't available in Japan yet. Go figure. I doubt he gsxr is either but even if it were there is nothing that makes it stand out above the R3/250. At least I still have all my old parts from the last R3 j had so that's less stuff to buy. Plus suspension upgrades ( I am a big fan of properly working suspensions before other mods not including protection accessories) Are already available. The Honda looks nice but being brand new, no one knows when fork and shock upgrades will be available and I'm not about to wait for it to be released here when I need a ride back and forth to work.
So I am in the dark about your plans. Have you voiced them here yet? I am presuming you're going back to an R3 or MT03? Makes sense. I think the naked version is an MT-03 overseas. That might be a compelling idea if shipping and exporting it is viable and reasonable. For sure, the upgrade part aftermarket is very mature and substantial, which is a huge plus when you want to upgrade, customize, and personalize. When you have left overs around too, that makes for a compelling reason to go back especially when it is a bike that you love. If you find a matte gray for a good deal, I'll trade my black one for it. :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I already have a new bike. Yes it's matte gray which is a color I dont exactly like but it was the only one on the floor at the time without abs. The gsxr250'looks like garbage on paper. The Honda isn't even available here. Didn't think I needed to voice my plans on this forum. The bike I have now is an R25.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts