Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Went with the Vortex clip-ons because due to consensus trials by several forum members, and Vortex quality. However, I ended up keeping the stock handlebars. These are new and have never been used. I've simply opened the box to view them. The retail price is $164.95, but they currently sold at $140 at most places. I am all about a good deal and as they have been opened, I'm asking $100 shipped to the lower 48 which I think would be a fair deal.

My Ebay name is kmapes72 and Heatware is flimflam. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Here is the Vortex Clip-On product page for more info.

PRODUCT DETAILS

Vortex Clip On Seven Degree Angle Road Race Handlebars

Race proven technology
CNC machined from solid block aerospace aluminum
Stainless fasteners and delrin plastic ends
Inexpensive replaceable bars, in the event of a crash simply replace the handlebar tube instead of the entire clip-on
Handlebars sit at a 7 degree angle giving racers and street riders the ultimate handlebar position
For universal fit order by size of fork tube in mm
Includes:

Kit includes both collars, 2 handlebar tubes with plastic ends and high tensile strength fasteners.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interested!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sold to @dngo ! sorry @Aleeex, @dngo had first dibs. Dont worry, Ill probably regret selling them, order a new set, continue to use stock handlebars and sell second set. Keep an eye out. I'll be posting new parts to sell shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
...went with the Vortex clip-ons because due to consensus trials by several forum members, and Vortex quality. However, I ended up keeping the stock handlebars.
Can I ask why? Only because I'm about to go with the Vortex, again, based on the advice of forum members

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Can I ask why? Only because I'm about to go with the Vortex, again, based on the advice of forum members
Have you owned a bike with lower bars? I personally like lower bars so I would go with the clip ons. Don't just get it because other people said so, everyone will have different ergos they prefer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't just get it because other people said so, everyone will have different ergos they prefer.
Was making the switch for me, myself, and I - and the ergos. Simply meant that the Vortex was the final selection, as opposed to other offerings, based on some great write-ups on this forum. Jesse in particular.
Lower is important, but the Vortex is my choice primarily because they actually sit forward of the triple clamp, and it would extend my reach, and I'm looking to stretch out a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts