Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody knows if sport bikes mirrors on the fairing are universal? i.e the spacing between the 2 screws and so on. I was thinking of fitting the gsxr600/1000 or the cbr1000 mirrors with signals on the R3, and was concerned that it will not fit

·
Registered
92 Posts
It does seem it would be cheaper if they were at least a universal fit among the manufacturer for the bike type. That is all R models use the same, etc.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm meaning there is a possibility that 2015/2016 R1 mirrors have the same fitment as our R3?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok this is the measurement i found for GSXR600's mirror. can provide the measurement for the 2 holes for R3?
What is the ID of the holes? Probably would've been easier to work off the centres aswell? Just a thought. Sorry

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From the picture, i only can find out what's the OD, which is about 1.05cm haha, but sorry, do you mind explaining the purpose of knowing what the ID is? Have never changed my mirrors out of the stock ones before on any of my bike haha

·
Registered
103 Posts
From the picture, i only can find out what's the OD, which is about 1.05cm haha, but sorry, do you mind explaining the purpose of knowing what the ID is? Have never changed my mirrors out of the stock ones before on any of my bike haha
The purpose of knowing what the ID is for knowing what size bolts you need. I.e; the hole is 10mm OD and there is a 1mm wall thickness but you have a 10mm OD bolt, the 10mm OD bolt is too big due to the 2x 1mm that you have to take away from the 10mm OD. So it is 8mm ID.

Sorry if it is confusing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts