Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have done the fender eliminator kit, have you ever been caught out in the rain? Has the back splash from the rear tire been a problem? A good friend of mine has an FZ-09 with the FEK. We got caught in the rain and his whole back and pants were drenched beyond belief! Those of us with fenders had dry backs. Have you guys had any issues?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Rode mine in very light rain (big drops) but it wasn't enough to splatter anything except under the tail.

I plan to add a Rear Tire Hugger as soon as someone makes one for it. In my experience Tire Huggers keep the spray off the rider.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I rode in rain on Tuesday with my vagabond. I didn't get and wetness on my back or rear. Just the normal front of my pants from the knee down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fender eliminators are for style, not rain protection.
If you add one you WILL get wetter in the rain than using the stock fender.
That's just a fact of life.
I hardly ever ride in the rain these days, but I used to commute daily through the stuff. If I were still doing that now I'd keep the stock set-up.
Since I don't, I much prefer the look of an eliminator.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fender eliminators are for style, not rain protection.
If you add one you WILL get wetter in the rain than using the stock fender.
That's just a fact of life.
I hardly ever ride in the rain these days, but I used to commute daily through the stuff. If I were still doing that now I'd keep the stock set-up.
Since I don't, I much prefer the look of an eliminator.
^^this.

Additionally, one factor determining how wet you will get from the rear tire splash are the tires. Some tires are better at deflecting water to the sides, rather than picking it up.

However it it's raining, then you will get wet if you are caught outside, riding bike or not. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts