Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting some miles on my 2020 Kawasaki Z-125 that I bought mid-2019, I decided it was time to upgrade to the most logical next step. Got a great deal (and a fantastic buying experience) at Maxey's Honda Yamaha Suzuki in Oklahoma City and was able to drive it home after work yesterday.

To be honest, I was a little nervous when I first sat on it and began my trip home. I was used the the VERY forgiving 125cc Kawi, and wasn't quite sure what to expect of this bike. I know it's not a 1000+cc machine, but it is bigger, heavier, and more powerful. As soon as I let out the clutch and applied the throttle I started smiling from ear to ear. This bike has just the right amount of power for me, being 5 ft 10 and 170 lbs. I took it home, went back to retrieve my pickup, and then took it for a break-in spin around the lake down the road from my house.

I have to say, WOW! What an upgrade. It feels much more solid than the Z. The fairings provide more wind protection and aerodynamics, the bigger wheels and shocks make for a much smoother ride, especially on Oklahoma's sub par streets. Has a LOT more 'get up n go' and is a joy to ride. Rode it about 25 miles last night and can't wait to get back on it tonight!

As far as mods go, there's not much I want to do. Fender eliminator for sure. Perhaps some different turn signals, but these don't really bother me that much. Maybe a new exhaust down the road, but I kinda like the way it sounds now.

Thank you all for the info in regards to picking this bike. I had it narrowed down to the R3 and the Ninja 400, but I am so glad I went with the Yamaha.

Obligatory photo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts