Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... Unfortunately today I crashed my most prized possession. Went out riding in the mountains ad read a corner wrong and went head first into a water barrel. Most of the damage was on the Headlights the headlight stay and the front tire fender. I am okay just a minor scrape on the leg. I don't know exactly where i can get the parts but i know that i want to look into a whole new aftermarket headlight setup. Any words of encouragement would definitely bring my spirits up.
Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry to hear about going down!

I crashed back in early December, made a stupid decsion and pair a rough price! Still dealing with insurance...9 weeks without my bike, been a friggin nightmare!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't let your spirits get down. Most anyone that has ridden much has been down, just be glad that you're ok. Make sure everything in the front is still straight and look at this as an opportunity to customize your bike. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
glad that youre safe. Machines can always be replaced don't worry
if it's minor I did order parts and let the bike shop repaired it. I did that instead of going through the insurnace(still good two weeks actually).

I went through procaliber like other recommended and it was pretty helpful. You can call them if you don't know which part you need as well they are pretty good at pointing you at the right part you need

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm happy to hear that you are okay. After reading the "head first into a barrel" you are lucky with the minor scrapes you got. Bikes can be replaced, you aren't as easy to replace or repair!

You can always increase your speed out of the corner, so enter the corner slower, especially if you are riding in an unfamiliar area.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
If you ride motorcycles for any length of time, there is one absolute truth: There are two kinds of motorcyclists - those who have gone down and those who will go down. Good you came out of your 'experience' fairly well.

Check the "Parts for Sale" board - there should be some headlight assemblies. As far as aftermarket headlights, check the "Electronics" board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts