Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
Hi guys, glad this forum is here. Owner of 2015 Yamaha R3 with 630 miles on it for an absolute steal. Rode it around the town today and was super happy! Waiting for some more gear to get in and I’ll be ready to go
Congrats on the new bike. The info I'm going to offer is factual for the US, I don't know how the UK/EU laws regulate 'safety recalls' so you'll need to follow up to be sure.

The 2015 R3 had several US "safety recalls". If they're available, it would benefit you to have them completed.
Go to your local Yamaha Dealer or Yamaha's UK/EU official website and look for "Safety Recalls" (or whatever else they may call them there). Plug in your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and see if the bike has any outstanding recalls or if they've been completed. Recalls are free since Yamaha covers the cost of parts and labor, and you needn't be the original owner.
AND if you don't have one, download a free PDF Owner's Manual for your bike off Yamaha's website. Lots of good info in there that will help you get familiar with your bike.
Enjoy. Ride Safe.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the new bike. The info I'm going to offer is factual for the US, I don't know how the UK/EU laws regulate 'safety recalls' so you'll need to follow up to be sure.

The 2015 R3 had several US "safety recalls". If they're available, it would benefit you to have them completed.
Go to your local Yamaha Dealer or Yamaha's UK/EU official website and look for "Safety Recalls" (or whatever else they may call them there). Plug in your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) and see if the bike has any outstanding recalls or if they've been completed. Recalls are free since Yamaha covers the cost of parts and labor, and you needn't be the original owner.
AND if you don't have one, download a free PDF Owner's Manual for your bike off Yamaha's website. Lots of good info in there that will help you get familiar with your bike.
Enjoy. Ride Safe.
Thank you for the suggestion!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts