Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why the heck do people selling this stuff NOT show them mounted on a bike?

Please post up some photos and short review when you get them installed.

Thanks!
Will do on the photos.

Received email from the seller today. He said he specializes in Mirror Extenders.

They shipped out today, should be 5-10 days to get here.

This is a set of his extenders on a Suzuki. R3 ones should look the same.

me1.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
You should win, since they're shipping from Hungary. :(

His listing only has one set left, but I'm sure he'll make more.

Yes probably.. and saw they had only 2 left and not knowing they will do some more I didn't dare to wait order them;)

I'm so hesitated getting a better view in my mirrors!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am torn. I would like a nice clear view like a cruiser motorcycle but I also like the compact look on the sport bike. This being my first true sport bike, I have just gotten used to pulling my arm in a bit when looking in the mirror then a head check before switching lanes.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am torn. I would like a nice clear view like a cruiser motorcycle but I also like the compact look on the sport bike. This being my first true sport bike, I have just gotten used to pulling my arm in a bit when looking in the mirror then a head check before switching lanes.
They look like they move the mirrors outward about 1 1/4" or so.

You can always install them and then position the mirror stalk slightly inward from the locked position. I've tried that (positioning the stock mirrors outward from locked position) and they stay in place, even at speeds over 75 mph.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got another email from the seller, Barna. He said that his extenders can also be stacked to move the mirrors out even further.

That might look pretty Wack/Lame/Sucky on a Sport Bike, though. But, hey, Safety First!

·
Registered
161 Posts
If Fang says these are a go, then it's a buy for me. Otherwise, gonna have to look into bar end mirrors :(

Even tucking elbows in, I have a hard time seeing behind me. I have to do this weird arm lift thing. Not comfortable at all.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If Fang says these are a go, then it's a buy for me. Otherwise, gonna have to look into bar end mirrors :(

Even tucking elbows in, I have a hard time seeing behind me. I have to do this weird arm lift thing. Not comfortable at all.
I actually ordered a set of inexpensive bar end mirrors last week to use along with the fairing mirrors until wideners/extenders became available. Thought it would be many more months before that happened.

I've used spacers on other bikes in the past but they were always CNC aluminum. The Delrin ones sound interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

LOL! Danger, Will Robinson! :eek:

I've got a bridge for sale. Interested? ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got them this morning.. Installed them within 5 min.. Easy job !!

Haven't tried it while running, but later this day and keep you posted.

If needed more pictures, please let me know... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I´m not sure I like the look 100%.. When I look at it directly from the front.. see my last pic... I´m torn... I´ll might get use to it. :) At least I´ll keep them on and see if I do get use to look at them from that angle.. :p

From all other angles I don't notice it a bit.. ;)

And also see what the test riding later this afternoon will tell me.. :):)

·
Registered
313 Posts
how do you guys setup the mirrors? i set them with my arm 1/4 of the mirror, i need to lift my elbow to see behind me, but left and right is fine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts