Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had the bike for a while but haven't gotten around to posting till now. Had been looking for an R3 for a bit but didn't want to spend the cash for a new one. Ended up getting this one as a salvage title which wasn't my first choice but for a track day only bike for $1,200 it was hard to pass up.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The forks where bent but the rest of the frame was straight. Replaced the upper part of the fork tube and changed out the springs for a set from Traxxion Dynamics as well as some cheep preload fork caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mounted up some Woodcraft rear sets (went with the "GP" sift wich will take some getting used to), frame sliders and case cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took off all the emissions junk and installed a block off plate from YamahaR3Racing.com as well as a braided font brake line (got a lot of parts and instruction from that site, so thanks for that). Installed the Vortex -7* clip-ons (dropped the forks down a few mm to be flush with the preload caps) and a Rev2 throttle with start/kill switch.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went with some new Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's and while the tires where off I had the painters at our shop shoot my wheels a yellow primer color we use on our aircraft. Pretty excited the way it turned out and can't wait to get my plastics and have them paint them up too.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts