Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title says it tall :)

I'm 30, live in the Dallas area, and have always wanted a bike, but unfortunately life got int the way for the past 15 years.

Now I'm finally in a position to get a bike, and it looks like I'm gonna try to grab me a 2016 R3! I'm taking the MSF course next Tuesday and Wednesday, and I'm taking my much more experienced cousin with me to shop for and test ride bikes. Later that week.

I figured I'd go ahead and get into the know now, so when the time comes I can get some advice on mods, maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.

MAN I CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome! I remember it like yesterday when I was about to take my MSF and think about what bike to get... it was exciting, to say the least.
I would like to urge you to set some money aside to invest in good gear to go with the purchase of your first motorcycle. That will make your journey in the world of motorcycles all that more enjoyable, and permanent. I hope you share with us your experiences in the world of two wheels!

·
Registered
20 Posts
That's how I did it, Jacket first, then gloves, boots, the course, insurance, a helmet and then the R3! Everyone has their own style. But there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle. And it would have KILLED me to have the bike siting in the garage without the proper gear to ride it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome - I did a similar thing 10 days ago. Signed up for the class the day before after the two days, bought the R3 and rode it out on Friday. It was one of my better decisions!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Enjoy the MSF course and be careful around Dallas. I spent a year in Irving, great freeways, too many giant SUVs and trucks

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
it would have KILLED me to have the bike siting in the garage without the proper gear to ride it.
Meh.

I would have just rode it around my neighborhood! ;)
If you fall at 25 mph, it will hurt, but you and the bike will survive it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts