1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first time on the track with the R3 ..... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun
A few things I learned was ;
you must be in the right gear!
you need to ensure you ride height is high enough if you still have a kickstand and the rod that sticks out (almost highsided because of it)
there is something about passing big bikes up the inside :)

I currently have the following set up
vortex rearsets
ohlins shock
traxxion emulators (need to stiffen up a little) 8.0 springs
M4 exhaust
bazzaz efi
r6 throttle tube
RJL pads w steel line
Pirelli SC1/SC2 110/150 although probably should have gone 140
woodcraft clip ons

Thanks Jesse from R3 Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
you need to ensure you ride height is high enough if you still have a kickstand and the rod that sticks out (almost highsided because of it)
This fucking happened to me!!! Mid turn and I felt the bike grab then buck a bit, accompanied by a jarring SSSKKKRRRRTTTTT sound.
Amazingly, the photographer happened to capture the exact strike moment.

Dust cloud on knee puck:
http://imgur.com/a/pn1Wa

Dust cloud from kickstand strike:
https://imgur.com/a/oAoq0

·
Registered
38 Posts
Joshua!!

We spoke at the June 24 NC Bike Track Day (old guy on dual sport, lol). Nice video, I like the angle, offers a different perspective.

How is running this track counter clockwise? Doesn't appeal to me so much, but I haven't tried it. Seems like entering T1 must be a high pucker factor moment. Yes?

If you're at NC Bike on 7/29 I'll be there on a new to me R3, will definitely need some track pics!

cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joshua!!

We spoke at the June 24 NC Bike Track Day (old guy on dual sport, lol). Nice video, I like the angle, offers a different perspective.

How is running this track counter clockwise? Doesn't appeal to me so much, but I haven't tried it. Seems like entering T1 must be a high pucker factor moment. Yes?

If you're at NC Bike on 7/29 I'll be there on a new to me R3, will definitely need some track pics!

cheers!
CCW i like more the CW :) entering T1 is probably my favorite part!
I am not sure about 7.29 if I go I will ride, Noiseless Productions will be the event photogrpaher

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool!
Hope you didnt crash?>

Also i hope you paid for those pics :)

This fucking happened to me!!! Mid turn and I felt the bike grab then buck a bit, accompanied by a jarring SSSKKKRRRRTTTTT sound.
Amazingly, the photographer happened to capture the exact strike moment.

Dust cloud on knee puck:
http://imgur.com/a/pn1Wa

Dust cloud from kickstand strike:
https://imgur.com/a/oAoq0

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
So first time on the track with the R3 ..... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun
A few things I learned was ;
you must be in the right gear!
there is something about passing big bikes up the inside :)

I currently have the following set up
vortex rearsets
ohlins shock
traxxion emulators (need to stiffen up a little) 8.0 springs
M4 exhaust
bazzaz efi
r6 throttle tube
RJL pads w steel line
Pirelli SC1/SC2 110/150 although probably should have gone 140
woodcraft clip ons

Thanks Jesse from R3 Racing
How hard/different is it getting an elbow down? Lol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Alot of it depends on speed, corner, camber?
I mean compared to getting a knee down? Now I can get my knee down and it definitely is no big deal. Before I was able to get my knee down though I really wanted to do it. I guess for me elbow down is the new knee down, another "I gotta do this" thing to check off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I mean compared to getting a knee down? Now I can get my knee down and it definitely is no big deal. Before I was able to get my knee down though I really wanted to do it. I guess for me elbow down is the new knee down, another "I gotta do this" thing to check off.

This applies to elbows too :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

This applies to elbows too :p
I agree. Doesn't mean I don't want to try it. In fact in my posts about the track I state that I am slow. I still want to try it though. Looks like fun. Doing a wheelie doesn't mean anything for most people. Doesn't mean some won't want to try it. I like a wheelie here and there. I'm sure most of us who have dragged knee ( and this is just a repeat from a previous post) or can do it don't care to do it. But when we weren't able to do it yet, have always wanted to.

Edit: just curious, what made you think I relate dragging knee to being fast? Its still
Ok to have fun on a bike right? Dragging an elbow looks like fun if you ask me. But that's just me, my ideas of fun might be different than yours.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts