Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Nice! Have fun. Practicing, instruction, or just having fun?
Track days usually have all three, even when you only sign up for one thing lol. This is why the track is so awesome. The instruction is usually free, and the price of the track day alone is basically paying for fun that would cost you more on the street in terms of a ticket.

How'd you like the R3 on the track acesfull33?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh man it was sooooo much fun.. I thought the tuono was fun but man the r3 was a blast. I feel like i learned so much more in on this bike just in one day.. Learning to always be in correct gear, carring corner speed, getting on throttle as early as possible.. Such a cool fealling to be able to pin the throttle pretty much everywhere and the bike just does whatever u want it too.. the s20s felt awesome,. cant wait till next trackday.. yea in south tx we got cota, houston, college station, and two in dallas

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Thats how I felt leaving my 600. The R3 is plenty of fun and also teaches you a lot. In fact I believe people tend to forget the basics. The bike does a great job bringing you back to the basics, which in my opinion are crucial to being fast in the track or the street.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm guessing RideSmart trackday....they used to have great instructors (not sure what state it is in now). Try and use the instructors as much as possible....Especially when changing bikes. Lines can be different, so its a good way to ask instructors (who also race smaller bikes), the best lines

The key is to have fun always, as long as you feel the R3 is teaching you something new, it will be a whole load of fun

Post any videos you may have

·
Registered
330 Posts
oh man it was sooooo much fun.. I thought the tuono was fun but man the r3 was a blast. I feel like i learned so much more in on this bike just in one day.. Learning to always be in correct gear, carring corner speed, getting on throttle as early as possible.. Such a cool fealling to be able to pin the throttle pretty much everywhere and the bike just does whatever u want it too.. the s20s felt awesome,. cant wait till next trackday.. yea in south tx we got cota, houston, college station, and two in dallas
And another being built up in the Dallas area.. We are very blessed indeed.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think it's more than talk. My understanding is the funding is already there and they've broken ground already. That could be mistaken, but what I've heard.

And the memberships are only part of it, just like the garages and stuff. Their goal is to have kind of a social atmosphere for many of the locals, but they will also have regular track days. Think of it kind of like how Harris Hill operates just a bigger, new track.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think it's more than talk. My understanding is the funding is already there and they've broken ground already. That could be mistaken, but what I've heard.

And the memberships are only part of it, just like the garages and stuff. Their goal is to have kind of a social atmosphere for many of the locals, but they will also have regular track days. Think of it kind of like how Harris Hill operates just a bigger, new track.
I hope thats the case, but until Im there, unloading....there is no track :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for those with experience at texas tracks other than cota, how would u rank them?
tws
msrh
msrc
eagles cayon
harris hill

·
Registered
364 Posts
for those with experience at texas tracks other than cota, how would u rank them?
tws
msrh
msrc
eagles cayon
harris hill
TWS on a R3 will be really scary for me down the front straight....liter bikes go in excess of 170mph. The speed differential is so high that any small miscalculation could lead to disaster. I'd rather take my R6 to TWS than my R3 (if I still lived in TX, haha).

My rankings (based on riding my R6):
1. ECR
2. MSRC
3. MSRH
4. TWS (mostly low ranking due to all the tar snakes causing issues in the summer heat for me)

Harris hill (never rode there, so cant rank it)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts